feeling the need to share (relationship)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by techRob, Jun 18, 2010.

1. mth04

mth04 Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I wish you all the luck in what path you chose! My divorce was a beast and took me two years to get past. I agree with the others about just walking away though. It may be tough now but later on you will probably see it was for the better.

With that my best wishes to you

2. cuskit

cuskit Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm with the general consensus here - this one is over. Man, it hurts sometimes - but the saying "time heals" is so true. One day you'll be head over heels with another girl and you'll wonder why the pain was so bad..

You say your circle of friends is light, she was your main companion (words to that effect). That's also a difficult part - she was also a crutch (in no way do I mean that in a bad way). You need to get out and socialize more, broaden your horizons a bit. Sometimes we get in a rut and don't realize it. She was more than just the love of your life - you were making her your life. Add more hobbies, get into a sport, look for something that interests you (other than girls) to fill your idle hours and you'll be just fine. And suddenly one morning you'll find someone else is sharing your life and a healthy relationship will blossom. It's always best if all you do in life is not completely wrapped around your girl (not talking love - that's exclusive to her).

I could be wrong because I can only go on the scant facts of your life you've shown, but it appears you do need to fill your life with more. By the way - computers and online activity is fine and entertaining - but you do want to put that in perspective. While you are sitting in front of the screen - your life is at a standstill and the whole world is moving around you. Bottom line - don't rely on cyber life to fill an otherwise empty life. Maybe not your case at the moment - but depression could lead to you leaning more and more on the words and pix on your screen. You need something more tangible - this cyber life should only be supplementing an otherwise full life. ;)

Wishing you all the best, chin up, save this girl in your memory as a building block to bolster new relationships and bear in mind that you still have a whole life ahead of you! Good luck, my friend! mikey :)

3. littlerick

littlerick Member

Ratings:
    +0
    x2, run as far away as you can from her

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Active Member

Ratings:
    +0
    That's normal, to take some time.

Why don't you move to Oregon or Virginia?

-Mike

5. JCo352

JCo352 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Here is my motto: There are too many females out there to be worrying about one.

6. techRob

techRob Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I'm working on accepting the fact "things are over". Which is rough - it's actually put me in somewhat of a bad place today (it'll be temporary)..but for me, it's a bad place (yay whisky! - no, i'm not over doing it - one or two mixed drinks and that's it)....either way, i'm working on moving on (even if i don't really want to, I know it's in my best interest).

@MJ5150 - Oregon is still a posibility - in the future...right now I've got a good job, with great beni's (and i'm working on some certifications)....Virginia - heck no. The weather would drive me nuts (not to mention the traffic...from what i hear).

LOL You've never lived in MT ;) Most of the attractive gals over here, they know they got the looks, and they have an attitude to match typically (read: stuckup). The good ones are few and far between around here (which is one of the other reason I'm considering Oregon) :)

...again, thanks for the input from everyone :)