Feel so Noob! (Theming FB & Twitter)

thc1967

Reaction score
OK, so I've installed ShadowROM 0.0.2, then I put ColdFusion on top of it.

The problem I have is that I just can't get the FB and Twitter apps skinned. No matter what I do, the applications revert to their stock whiteness.

Normally I don't have issues like this but I just can't figure out how to make these two applications go the heck away so I can put ColdFusion versions in.

Could someone please point me to the noob instructions for this?

Thanks!

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Are you talking about the widget background? If so:
For Facebook:
Open the app using 7zip and navigate to res\drawable-hdpi, take the .png you want to use as the background and change the file name to appwidget_bg.9.png then drag it into the res\drawable-hdpi folder then do the same for appwidget_top_white.9.png and 7zip will overwrite. Now push the app to system/app, change permissions to 644 and reboot.

It should be a similar process for Twitter

If you are talking about themeing the app itself, changing the white to black I believe that is an xml edit

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just re-read your post, are you saying that you installed Cold fusion of Shadow and the themed Facebook and Twitter apps did not install? Did the rest of the theme install correctly?

OP
T

thc1967

Reaction score
Yah the rest of the theme installed correctly. The FB & Twitter (and Handcent, but I'm not using that) are separate installs. The notes in the theme's post say to make sure you've removed FB & Twitter before installing the APKs kook created.

Problem was I couldn't remove FB & Twitter. Every time I tried, they sprang back to life. It's like trying to kill a zombie.

But I think I have them dead now. The uninstall feature in the ROM might have done it... this time...

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yah the rest of the theme installed correctly. The FB & Twitter (and Handcent, but I'm not using that) are separate installs. The notes in the theme's post say to make sure you've removed FB & Twitter before installing the APKs kook created.

Problem was I couldn't remove FB & Twitter. Every time I tried, they sprang back to life. It's like trying to kill a zombie.

But I think I have them dead now. The uninstall feature in the ROM might have done it... this time...

Sorry, my fault, were you able to get the themed ones installed now?

OP
T

thc1967

Reaction score
Yes, the ShadowROM uninstall finally killed the zombies.

dancedroid

kook

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yes, the ShadowROM uninstall finally killed the zombies.

dancedroid
Man...sorry I missed this....glad you got it working. Let me know if you have any further questions.