feedback please

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by rumblee1, Jul 31, 2012.

1. rumblee1

rumblee1 Member

Own a bionic and still very happy with it. My only disappointment is the battery life. Even with the extended battery from Verizon, I've got to throw it on a charger on the way home from work to get it to last till bedtime. And that's on 3g with the 4G radio turned off. So, I'm planning on upgrading to the max for that 3300 mha battery beast. I'd like to know how battery life is on your phones in 4G, and would like to know what you think of the camera/camcorder. Also, how's the ICS working out? Thanks
  2. MattyP

MattyP Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

I'm getting well over 24 hours on a charge on my Maxx, running .215. I'm very happy with mine. :)
  3. mysticalmalissa

mysticalmalissa New Member

I cant tell you about battery on 4G, because there is none in my area, but I can go a day and a half with 3G, very heavy usage. As for the camera...meh...its ok, typical moto. I still carry my Rezound and use it as my point and shoot.
  4. MattyP

Y'all haven't gone high tech up there yet? :rofl3:
  5. pbickel

pbickel New Member

How are you getting that good lol I have 3G only and only get about 17hrs on a charge with no background syncing and only 3 hours screen on auto brightness.
  6. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

pbickel, do you have a Razr or Razr Maxx? 17 hours is really good for a Razr!!! On my Maxx, I get 24-30 hours with pretty heavy usage. There are some that get a few days, but I am not sure how they manage that. I certainly do not get that. I have a whole lot of things, widgets and apps going on on my phone though.
  7. pbickel

pbickel New Member

I have a maxx. I figured that was pretty low for a maxx. I've tried foxkat battery tricks and none have helped battery time. I have a replacement coming because of dead pixels in this one so hopefully that will get better battery
  8. kellygh5

kellygh5 New Member

My Maxx on .215 is @ about 20 % battery after 11 hrs. My phone has gone 2 hell-in-handbasket w/ signal & battery since ICS; however, you still won't find a 4g phone to beat it re: battery.
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  9. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

Kelly, have you done a factory data reset since going to ICS or .215? If not, it will dramatically improve everything including battery for your phone. For backup before doing an FDR, read step 2 in post #89 of the following thread. Then after you do an fdr, do a battery meter training (FoxKatting) by charging your phone while off to 100%, turn on phone and use to 10%, turn off phone and charge to 100% and then use and charge your phone as you normally would.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a-9.html
  10. kellygh5

kellygh5 New Member

TisMyDroid: thanks for the feedback. I did do a FDR after ICS install & again after loading .215. Nothing has changed in the app department other than loading some battery temp measure (runs hot sometimes) & file es explorer. I just keep reading through the threads, because I don't really know what else there is to do. As said, my "poor" battery life is still better than any other 4g phone. What is most irritating, is the flashbacks to G'Nexownership. No data. Phone shows 4g in blue, but no arrows &/or movement (if that makes sense), so no data. Sometimes it just goes gray. This is with normal use in solid 4g territory. No issues what so ever on GB. My phone was just so much smoother on GB & better battery w/out getting hot. Appreciate the tips & apologize for any weird typos. Typing on new Nexus 7 & am not used to it yet.
  11. Xfactorx316

Xfactorx316 Member

That is terrible. I have a the regular Razr, running .215 and after 11 hrs I'm between 20 - 30 % depending on use for that day (not currently using any smart actions - I keep forgetting to turn them back on).

Since you've done all the usual fixes, I don't know what else you could do except get a new Maxx
  12. 94lt1

94lt1 DF Super Moderator Staff Member Premium Member

Your battery is largely dependant upon your screen on time and your signal. I'm a very heavy user when I'm sitting still.. and I can get over 6 hours of screen on time on 4g, throwing everything at the device...

If I use it very little, and my screen isn't on, I can get a day and a half because I have smart actions kill my data sync and mobile data...
  13. kellygh5

kellygh5 New Member

I too have smart actions set to disable sync etc. when the screen is off. I just did another FDR (ugh! hate doing them), so maybe #3 is the charm? I hope so :)
  14. MattyP

Starting with a clean slate is never a bad thing :)
  15. pdoyle

pdoyle Member

my maxx was fine, even through ICS upgrade; though i noticed navigation took several minutes to find the GPS...
    then two days ago, the maxx lost all power overnight, even though it was at 80% when i went to bed...alarm didn't ring, as it was shut down.
    now, i can barely get it above 30% charged...verizon tech support is now sending me a replacement phone, but not until i received the confirmation email 2 hours later was i informed it's a certified like new model.
    i don't want that. i haven't tried the factory re-set yet. i'm going to refuse the replacement and insist they send out a new maxx. can't believe they didn't tell me it was a refurb.:angry:
  16. pdoyle

pdoyle Member

more info

fyi the maxx was fine since i got it may 17th...never had to shut things down, jjust charge once a day and it did it quickly...
    now since ics, it loses power like never before. shutting down services is not gonna save this phone.
    pdoyle
  17. TisMyDroid

TisMyDroid New Member

18. Caesars

Caesars Well-Known Member

I'm jealous lol i can only get 6 hours on wifi ;(

Googorola MAXX
  19. pdoyle

pdoyle Member

will try fdr

Verizon also suggested i could bring phone to a tech verizon store for examination...any merit in that?
    they're giving me five days to return my phone...that should be enough time to see if the fdr has worked, right? if it helps, it should be dramatic. thanks, will let you know!:blink:
  20. ms4teacher

ms4teacher New Member

Rumblee, don't upgrade with them!!!...You would lose your unlimited data plan...Bite the bullet and buy a smart phone from swappa or some other website...I'm going to have to do the same thing for my wife in the not so distant future...

Sent from my RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums