fee for wired tether?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BattleKat, Aug 14, 2010.

1. BattleKat

BattleKat New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking around the web for an answer to this and keep finding contradicting statements. I downloaded the easytether app on my HTC Eris today and tethered my phone to my laptop via USB. Just wondering if Im going to see an increase on my bill for doing this. Because if not, Im thinking of cancelling my home broadband service.
    Also, im wondering if I should root my current phone. Not sure if im going to keep it or upgrade to an Incredible or X.

2. barcodelinux

barcodelinux Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Does VZW have a tethering package for the Eris? I ask this, not to be a smart**s, but because I actually do not know.

If so, then I would expect charges because they have precedence to charge you.

If they don't have a tethering package for the Eris, then how can you expect them to charge you?

As far as your "should I root" question, the answer from me is always YES!!

3. beakdroid

beakdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Battlekat, hello, I would root your phone if I was you and install froyo 2.2 you can then install wireless tethering and wired tethering from the guide on the forum here, i have been trying out the wireless tether and it works great. I believe as long as you have the unlimited data plan, you should not get charged any other fees! I rooted 2 days ago and love it! I am currently running ud 6.

4. beakdroid

beakdroid New Member

Ratings:
    +0