Fed up with the Verizon Gnex support?!

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

We hired a professional photographer but it's taking longer than they estimated. I hope to have professional Thin Grip pictures in tonight and all of the rest tomorrow night. The photographer is in China so I can't really rush him.

All we do for cases is the Galaxy S3. However we do high end screen protectors called Just Like Glass for the Galaxy Nexus - they are great.

Thanks about the comment on the "wall of text" I need to format that.

BUT since you brought it up, the website has some good aesthetics but some parts dont work. Im not getting pictures for your items and the text in the description is just like a wall of text. Im at this page DBA Cases - Complere Ultra Snow / Black for reference. Im using Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m if it matters? I was trying to look at your items but thats what happened. You might not be coded for chome, or it may be something else. Also do you only do cases for the nexus? I didnt see options for phone type in there at all but that link does say nexus.

Capone76

Reaction score
MonKENy said:
wait wait wait. I just bought the verizon nexus..its not JB? What issues is verizon phones having? I may return it if these are the issues as im a little pissed at the cost. it went from 49.99 at the then they added a $30 "upgrade free" THEN w/taxes came to over $100 its frustrating how these carriers screw us around. Im all for the petition. I may return the phone and be done.

Well I'd be a bit upset after paying that price but I don't think you will be disappointed with the Nexus. Soon to get JB and if your into flashing ROMs there is a bunch of good ones and a strong community. I say congats and enjoy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Droid Forums

MonKENy

Reaction score
Thanks,

We hired a professional photographer but it's taking longer than they estimated. I hope to have professional Thin Grip pictures in tonight and all of the rest tomorrow night. The photographer is in China so I can't really rush him.

All we do for cases is the Galaxy S3. However we do high end screen protectors called Just Like Glass for the Galaxy Nexus - they are great.

Thanks about the comment on the "wall of text" I need to format that.

The thin grip pics are fine its just the deluxe case pics that are not there

Well I'd be a bit upset after paying that price but I don't think you will be disappointed with the Nexus. Soon to get JB and if your into flashing ROMs there is a bunch of good ones and a strong community. I say congats and enjoy.

Thanks. I dont know im on the fence Ill see when I get it what ill do. Maybe it will be love at first sight?

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
Now jelly bean is rolling out on Canadian carriers. WE ARE DEAD LAST.

Capone76

Reaction score
My girl has the S3 and I still like my phone better. Of course I'm rooted running some sweet ROMs and kernels. I still get her going and jealous. Lol. But I know she's got a good one too.

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Now jelly bean is rolling out on Canadian carriers. WE ARE DEAD LAST.

If its that big of a deal for you to have Jelly Bean, then just flash it yourself. I understand your frustration but I've literally had Jelly Bean since the day it was announced. Don't expect anything from Verizon. I feel lucky to have an unlockable nexus in itself on Verizon.

DoctorDeDroid

Reaction score
patmw123 said:
If its that big of a deal for you to have Jelly Bean, then just flash it yourself. I understand your frustration but I've literally had Jelly Bean since the day it was announced. Don't expect anything from Verizon. I feel lucky to have an unlockable nexus in itself on Verizon.

I know I can do that... but I got this phone so I wouldn't have to put up with a ton of bloated " enhanced user experience ". When I'm sold something ( the so-called "nexus experience") and I pay for it with my hard-earned money... I expect to get what I pay for... not dead silence. I thought I wouldn't need to flash a rom that soon. (I had the phone one month )

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Its a nexus, root and flash a jb rom. I've stopped relying on vzw since i had a droid 2. The only things that they do offer that we need is the updated stuff like the radios which you can flash. Trust me this petition isn't going to do anything, not trying to be a jerk but that's the truth. The roms that these developers create are rock solid! And since its a nexus there's a bunch of support for it.

I rooted my gnex the 1st day i got it and its a simple process.

MonKENy

Reaction score
is it only motorola device verizon is bringing the ban hammer down on? Another reason I wanted the nexus is because it seemed to be so nice out of box. I kinda just want to have a nice stock phone.

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
I would say that the jb update should be here soon. Be patient, but the gnex is a solid phone in stock form. I think it only has 2 vzw apps preinstalled