fed up, any last suggestions

alm0614

Reaction score
ok since yesterday morning i have had a voicemail indicator on my phone,

i have spend 1 hour with verizon tech on the phone, 1 hour with motorola on the phone, and 30 minutes in store with verizon to no avail

the voicemail icon is there and i have 0 voicemails. on verizons server it says i have none, and for god knows what reason the droid doesnt have a clear voicemail indicator option

i have tried everything, even completely removing voicemail from my account and putting it back on, no help

any ideas before i got get my phone flashed back to stage 1 tomorrow

texasPI

Reaction score
Did you try dragging down the notification bar and clearing it? Alternatively, while on home screen, hit menu > notifications then clear all. Let us know if it works or not...

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
no for some reason clear doesnt clear voicemail notifications

every phone ive ever had allows you to clear the voicemail counter, idk why this doesnt

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
leave yourself a couple of messages. Let them sit there for a couple minutes then listen to them.

No a guaranteed fix but it may work.

Good luck

JayMonster

Reaction score
leave yourself a couple of messages. Let them sit there for a couple minutes then listen to them.

No a guaranteed fix but it may work.

Good luck

+1. This usually does the trick. I have had this problem with Verizon several times on assorted phones, both Smart Phones and simple clamshells.

The problem is *NOT* the phone. It is getting a notification from Verizon that you have a voicemail and is reporting it accordingly. (Even if the Droid allowed you to clear it manually it would just reappear with the next notification, which would be annoying as well).

OP
A

alm0614

Reaction score
THANK YOU!!!! that was the fix!

forums > verizon tech support