Feature Requests

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by YankInDaSouth, Aug 4, 2010.

DroidForums.net is the premier Android Forum - Registered Users do not see these ads. Please Register - It's Free!
  1. YankInDaSouth

YankInDaSouth Theme Developer Theme Developer

Ratings:
    +60
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  2. subguy812

subguy812 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey metiCkOne ,

I wanted to say I have been running this since the day it was released. It runs great and I have had not one issue. You still appear to have the only frg22 build ROM running. You have added the perfect mix of apps and features. The source ROMs, to me go overboard on features. I have tested some kernels and found the standard voltage ones work (p3) well, I was having kernel related isssues with lv or ulv. The only addition I have made to stock was the black bar theme and the addition of the dsp manager, you may want to test this and include it if it is possible. Great job! I couldn't be happier.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2010
  3. ghorig

ghorig Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Anyway to get the semi-transparent buttons on the phone screen? Would be awesome!
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2010
  4. Barkleyfan

Barkleyfan Member

Ratings:
    +0
  5. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Ratings:
    +0
    Transparent dialer buttons? I haven't seen this before, do you have links so I can see how it looks?
  6. the_kwa

the_kwa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If your Modding the dialer, could u also make it so it switches to landscape? Would be nice while car docked for instance.
  7. pigpen

pigpen Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Would be really nice if you could add the reboot option to power button options. I've been rebooting my phone with a terminal command lol. I'm running the dark glass rom and love it. Getting great battery life and love the stability. All the other little addons are a nice touch too. Thanks MetiCK.
  8. the_kwa

the_kwa Member

Ratings:
    +0
    some other things you might be interested in:

1. think it would be cool if you could add vibrate in the ringer settings.

2. I'm a fan of LauncherPro, I used Titanium Backup to freeze the stock launcher (which the way i understand it, is the same as uninstalling it more or less). I feel like my phone is quicker after doing this, might just be me, but it's something you can try if your ever board. Releasing an update with launcherpro as the stock launcher would be pretty cool too.
  9. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    I looked into this awhile back, aparently it can only be done with source roms, but I still think there is a way or a cool alternative. Its something I look for almost daily. Ill keep u posted on what I come up with. Thanks for the feedback!
  10. ghorig

ghorig Member

Ratings:
    +0
  11. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ok...I fabbed a bracket to hold a docking station in my truck. I have it wired for power, so it's powered the whole time it's sits in the dock (like at home).

There are only a couple settings for the dock (insert sound on or off) and I'd like it to stay on the screen rather than the screensaver thing it does. I stream Pandora via a bluetooth receiver into my stereo and would like to keep that screen active.

Any way to do this?? Even a longer time out for dock settings would do it...

I downloaded beautiful widgets and have been playing with the clock and weather on my home page...it would be wonderful if these font colors and such would transfer to the dock settings too.
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  12. metiCkOne

Ratings:
    +0
    Okay guys, just to be clear, this is a feature request thread for metiCkMod specifically not for android as a whole. What I mean by that is if there is a hack or mod that has been developed already and you want to see it in this rom, then you should request it. I'm not above modding metiCkMod by any means but general android questions should be directed at the greater community and not this specific thread. Like I said before, I've already implemented pragmatic mods/hacks that have been requested, but only because they were practical and were in line with what I'm doing here. Thank all of you for your suggestions/requests, keep em coming'!
  13. Ozzie

Ozzie Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Sorry if my newbieness was showing...I didn't realize these type of tweaks were separate from what you're doing. I brooded a bit, then went and found some solutions (here at this board, mostly).
    Thought I broke it playing too much...so it got nuked already and I've only had the thing 3 weeks. It's like a mini puter here...fun to figure it out.

Thanks for your efforts with this build...I'm liking my phone much better now...the wifi has security measures and is awesome.
  14. devinhfox

devinhfox Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Would be neat if we were able to save EQ settings.
  15. gmmurphy

gmmurphy Member

Ratings:
    +2
    where in boston? i grew up just south of.
    this is my wish list, not trying to be a pig just wishing. i have been on your rom for a record time loving it!
    i would like to see, apps to sd.,scripts,landscape dial(car dock), led color change notification, themed calender widget, (like the power setting widget)

cheers! a very happy metiCKMod runner. keep it up.