Feature Request Thread?

Discussion in 'ChevyNo1' started by rmart88, Jan 7, 2011.

1. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

Hey Chevy,

We all know how much time and effort you put into your ROMs and supporting them and I believe I speak for all when I say it is GREATLY appreciated. I saw in another thread that you offered for people to make any suggestions on what to add to your upcoming ROMs and you would look into them, and you have been replying about those inquiries within that thread (i forget which thread it was in). Why not make a Request thread and sticky it? Maybe with a poll?

anyway here are some requests i have :)

1. Be able to change the fact that the screen turns on when the keyboard is opened. Sometimes while in my pocket my phone slides open, even just a little, and i will feel the haptic feedback going crazy on my leg. Any way to disable this? so that the only way to turn the screen on is by pressing the power button?

2. As mentioned in that other thread, the power control widget in the pull down bar.

Thanks again for all your hard work and support!
  2. mcalhoun

mcalhoun New Member

You could set up the screen lock pattern to keep it from accidentally coming on. That's how I have mine set up and no probs. Only takes a half second to draw out my pattern to unlock it each time. Just push the power button and stick it in my pocket with music going or whatever.

I would like to see the power control widget like Cyanogen has which has a menu for setting up what it does.
  3. yakitori

yakitori Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Notification pulldown power controls, lockscreen gestures, and unlock to phone and sms.

That would make ss champ

sent from the rooftops
  4. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

@mcalhoun

That would not prevent the screen from coming on when the physical keyboard is opened, i dont think. it would just prevent the phone from unlocking, which isnt my issue. Plus, i use Widget locker so the unlock pattern is just a hassle when enabled.
  5. mcalhoun

mcalhoun New Member

Oh, you don't want it to come on at all...I thought you just didn't want to butt dial folks when it was in your pocket. No, what I suggested would allow the screen to come on but would prevent any inadvertent touch screen actions.
  6. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

+1^^^^ for all of those
  7. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

I was working on the pulldown power controls but it was being a bi*ch and I have so little time these days to continue working on it ... can someone explain lockscreen gestures? And what do you mean by 'unlock to phone and sms'?

And yes - I DO appreciate your suggestions and comments, since it is for YOU that I build these ROM's ;)
  8. Dyzturbd

Dyzturbd New Member

That's another Cyanogenmod perk, on the lockscreen there are two more sliders on each side, one to go directly into SMS and the other for Phone

[​IMG]
  9. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

IDK what these 'gestures' are. but have any of you looked into using WidgetLocker for the slide to phone and sms? you can make sliders to open any app you wish. and it does a lot more (including giving you the chance to put icons in the center of the two opposite sliders). Check it out! I love it. it integrates very nicely with Android's System, doesnt cause lag or use much battery. Plus the Dev really supports the app.
  10. ChevyNo1

ChevyNo1 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Done! :)
  11. rmart88

rmart88 New Member

You. Are. The. Man.
  12. jimmydene84

jimmydene84 New Member

The gestures, are like on elliot stockers music app....but instead of changing songs and such, it let's u "write" a gesture on the lock screen and controll pretty much whatever u want : run an app, direct dial....almost anything!
    EDIT---------i think the ones in the dolphin browser would have been a better example, u can make diff gestures....
    sent with my thumbs