Feature Request List

Discussion in 'Droid X Roms' started by devortex, Jan 10, 2011.

1. devortex

devortex Developer Developer

I keep seeing people in the rom thread requesting an update as to when a new version of apex can be expected. I thought, why don't I start a thread where people can list the features they would like to see in a new version.

Here's my suggestions to start things off:
    • Data throttle removed
    • Some kind of toolbox app like some other roms have(to make using the scripts easier)
    • Put in just a little more awesome(you can never get too much)

That's about all I can think of. 1.3.1 is just amazing for me. I've tested most of all the other roms out there, but I just keep coming back to apex.

Thanks for the great work Fab...
  2. lxadoz104

lxadoz104 New Member

I was unaware that data throttle hack was built in. Would installing the patch have adverse effects? Regardless, it would be helpful to have ability to turn this on or off with script.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App
  3. devortex

Hmm, some confusing text. Took me a minute to figure out where the confusion was, but now I got it.

I mentioned "Data Throttle Removed". This is because by default, the phone's have a data throttle enabled. The "hack" you speak of removes that throttle. Therefore, I would like to see the "hack" applied by default in the rom, therefore having the throttle removed. Make sense?
  4. lxadoz104

lxadoz104 New Member

Well the post with the hack zip must have been misread by me as I applied it. How can I revert back to the throttle enabled?

5. Zaph0d

Zaph0d New Member

USB tethering would be awesome.

Ditto!
  6. devortex

If you really want to put the throttle back, I would do the following:
    1. Open the apex 1.3.2 zip file
    2. browse to system/framework
    3. grab the services.jar file out of there and copy it into your android sdk folder (where you have adb)
    4. open command prompt on computer and cd to adb directory
    5. reboot phone into recovery with usb cable connected
    6. in recovery go to mounts and storage
    7. mount system
    8. type in command prompt: adb push services.jar /system/framework/
    9. hit enter
    10. then type: adb shell chmod 644 /system/framework/services.jar
    11. hit enter
    12. reboot phone

There may also be a zip floating around that you can just install via clockwork. But my way is more fun :)
  7. PalmerCurling

PalmerCurling Premium Member Premium Member Developer

GalaxyS style toggles in notification bar (like wifi, airplane mode, ect.)

And im a bit unclear... is there a data throttle remove script built into 1.3.1, or a zip we can apply ?
  8. Steven58

Steven58 New Member

I'd love a toolbox, too. :)
  9. DebianDog

DebianDog Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Toolbox app and a Themer app (with preview) is about my only complaints.

maybe a better themed swype by default.
  10. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member

I'd like to see:
    -Music controls for all music applications
    -Rotary lockscreen option
    -The "compose" icon in AOSP messaging fixed to the correct icon
    -The bug where if you slide to unlock but don't unlock with pattern the slider comes back stuck fixed
    -I like scripts and they should stay
    -Data throttling script
    -Removal of all live wallpapers except Nexus (so we can choose which ones we want, I hate all the extras)
    -Be able to choose screen transitions.
    -Notifications bar toggles would be nice, but I believe this can not happen for the X since it is locked down. I believe it is a CyanogenMod doing.

Thanks Fab, you ROCK!
  11. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member

One more thing. I'd like to see the Gingerbread keyboard (the larger fixed one) included seperately from Swype or the Android Keyboard, so we can easily switch between the two without rebooting. Scripts would just switch between aosp black and white.
  12. Drummer.graham

Drummer.graham New Member

I like it just as it is. I finally have my x personally themed and set to my liking. I tried other roms and love apex so much better, i wouldnt update for another month at least. Spent way to much time on my current setup.

13. KHeeney5

KHeeney5 Member

I agree. ApeX is perfect. But out of all the ones I listed, I'd like a few things.
    -Music controls for any music app
    -AOSP Messaging "compose" icon fixed
    -Black notifications (instead of white)
    -Added throttling script
    -Separate MT and GB keyboards
    -Remove all live wallpapers except the Nexus

So really just removing all unnecessary stuff and keeping it stock. I don't like when Developers put their own stuff in, such as personalization to the notification bar, etc. The stock look is a good look, just customization. That's why I love ApeX.
  14. Drummer.graham

Drummer.graham New Member

I could go along with some tweeks. I prefer to theme myself so i guess appearance isnt really that important to me. I just ninjamorph whatever i want in for a custom look. I just worry about apex becoming another liberty (gummy) clone. I tried it. Battery life was ok, no apex though. I prefer the apex package presentation better. I like the feel. You can pretty much add whatever you want to apex. Data throttle, oc, uv, different keyboards. Heck, i have a custom keyboard i made and installed myself so not even keyboards are a big deal. Ok, i will shut up. Lol

15. Higher_Ground

Higher_Ground New Member

If you could change the color of the text on the "select text", "home", "page dn", "paste", etc keys in the swype keyboard so that they're legible. They are black on black right now and difficult to use since you have to memorize what key does what.

I'm really loving apex - it's my first ROM and I've had no need to look elsewhere
  16. DebianDog

DebianDog Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

Load the B&W mod

uploadfromtaptalk1295135799921.jpg

I have a thread here somewhere

Beamed from my DroidX
  17. ScottyDsntKnow

ScottyDsntKnow New Member

Nothing is wrong with Apex. Toolbox would be nice but you can do everything that you can do in the Liberty or Tranquility toolboxes via scripts or clockwork so no biggie there. I love how all the Darkslide icons are themed but thats no big deal since once I get off my lazy ass and learn to ninjamorph stuff that'll be something I can fix too.

Apex is the only ROM that has everything I want which is the blur dialer/camera/hdmi gallery/text and basically nothing else blur. I use my cardock all the time and I'm still amazed that ppl are still putting out ROMs that don't include the blur dialer or an AOSP one that someone built that can do landscape. I refuse to dial sideways and looking at incoming calls sideways makes my OCD go nuts lol.

I've tried:

Apex
    Rubix
    Gummy
    Darkslide
    Tranquility
    Liberty
    Rummy RX

Keep on coming back to Apex. 1.0 did have some issues but once 1.1 came out... that was basically all she wrote.
  18. soldierblade

soldierblade New Member

I second this. It's one of the few things I miss having from Cyanogenmod.
  19. PalmerCurling

PalmerCurling Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Its one of the things I feel Samsung got right. Of course, for cyanogenmod, we are making progress towards the ability to run a custom kernel on DroidX. Follow the thread here, and towards the end of the thread there's is a link to a site with more links to follow the progress of everything. If you know/are either a kernel programmer or someone at Motorola, let aliasxerog know! Lol. But yeah, I think it may happen sooner rather then later. And right now ApeX is the best by far. I've tried most ROMs available but ApeX has the best blend of blur and AOSP, and its easily the most polished. I do have a question. Is it possible to remove the messaging thing with the universal inbox so instead of blur syncing facebook contacts, its handled natively? Blur is terrible at it, but Liberty's implementation was spot on (and one of the few things I liked about it)

EDIT: Link to custom kernel thread, by request. i was on my phone when i made the OP, and linking is a pain (as y'all know, unless im missing something, in which case id love to know!)

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-x-hacks/93955-getting-custom-kernels-running-droid-x.html
  20. Droid_Junky

Droid_Junky New Member

I would like to see an option to disable the slide to unlock. I prefer the pin lock which means slide to unlock and then pin lock every time. I've seen that this might be an option in GummyJar but have no intentions of switching from Apex!

and no...widget locker doesn't fix this issue. I end up with WL slide to unlock, slide lock and pin lock.

This dates back to the first update the X got. Once i recieved the update I got stuck with it. I've heard that others that rooted before the update don't have this problem.