Feature I didn't know was there.

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Go to Maps, get into street view, click menu, and click on Compass mode. Never knew this was there. ...........Doh! :blink:

OP
HolyGrail

HolyGrail

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Where are you seeing street view in maps? You are talking about on your droid right?

Yeah, on my Droid, just hold down on a street, and it should popup with a little popup pic, click that, then click on the man ( looks like a restroom man pic, lol). You should now be in street view.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
Pretty cool I suppose. Would be nice if it calibrated a little differently. Normally you look at your phone at an angle. With compass mode on you'd be looking at the ground unless you hold it straight up in the air like some tourist or off planet visitor running diagnostic scans.

Big Cam

Reaction score
You have to be in a popular area, not all streets have street view, like small towns and rural area's.

iPirate

Reaction score
I have gotten to that feature at some point in the past I couldn't figure out how I did it. Very cool!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip, HolyGrail! I had not realized this was an option. Very nice and useful when trying to locate something.

Mike

chudilo

Reaction score
Indeed. I was wondering how you would get into this mode manually. Without going through Navigation mode.

gruve

Reaction score
Wasn't this feature advertised on one of the Droid commercials when the phone first came out?

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Yea I just noticed this this morning actually, amazing!

birddroid

Reaction score
Where are you seeing street view in maps? You are talking about on your droid right?

Yeah, on my Droid, just hold down on a street, and it should popup with a little popup pic, click that, then click on the man ( looks like a restroom man pic, lol). You should now be in street view.

i had no idea you could do street view yet alone the compass mode. awesome