Feature Face-Off

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by webeougher, Jan 28, 2011.

1. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Seeing a bunch of different threads requesting this feature or that feature for the next edition of BB, I thought I'd try something a little different - let's all suggest features that we'd like to see in the next edition of Bugless Beast and then narrow them down using voting to determine what feature is most wanted. While I realize that this will probably have no bearing on what features Pete adds next, at least it might give him an idea of which direction to focus his attention.

My personal picks?

Desire/MIUI/CM toggle controls in the notification bar
    Custom icons option for homescreen shortcuts (a la Launcher Pro)
    Friends widget (a la HTC Sense/Launcher Pro Plus)
    Gingerbread music app (w/4x4 widget)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. As you can probably tell, I don't like having extra apps and I love that Pete has made AdBlock and SetCPU unnecessary already, so it'd be nice to get rid of a few more extraneous apps. What are your picks?

2. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    If I'm not wrong, custom dock icons has been added as of the BB nightly build (I'm not going to update to it until it's deemed stable).

I'd also vote for notification drawer controls, as well as MIUI/CM's ability to clear individual notifications.

3. DHO

DHO Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Hyperdude is correct custom dock icons are present in nightly. I have found it stable, but.... hopefully Pete will release the official update soon.

4. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm using the nightly as well, and have found it as stable, if not more so, than 0.6.1; however, it doesn't have the custom dock icons that I'm talking about. I realize that you can change the shortcuts that appear on the dock, but it doesn't give you the option to change the icon that corresponds to that shortcut, like you can do in Launcher Pro Plus. In LPP, after you pick your dock (or homescreen) shortcut, you can choose to use the default icon, the LPP icon, or a custom icon - I have a bunch of icons from the EliteProHD theme for MIUI that I'd like to swap in. Sorry for the confusion.

5. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    No problem, I just figured you were one of the dozen people who have inquired about customizable shortcuts :)

That's a good idea though; I was thinking a few days ago about how the best idea for a ROM would be BB plus loads of customizations and features from other ROMs. At least, to the point where it was still "Bugless Beast" :D

In the meantime, I'll stick to LPP - it's always works as well as, if not better than the stock launcher, in any ROM I've tried.

6. webeougher

webeougher Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nah, I've actually been the one steering them towards either LPP or the BB nightly build.

I actually like BB because it doesn't have all the bloated customizations that UD and CM have - Pete has always just taken the stock ROM and made it run better, and, as I mentioned with SetCPU and AdBlock, he's taking 3rd-party apps that he liked using and incorporated their features into BB.

As far as LPP v BB launcher, I've always liked LPP, but it gets laggy for me after about a week, no matter how many different fixes I've tried. With the nightly build's ability to customize dock shortcuts, the only things I'm missing are multiple docks, custom shortcut icons, and LPP widgets and that's one more third-party app I'd be able to do away with.

7. hyperdude

hyperdude Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well as far as customizations I mean a few of those features in CM and UD that everyone seems to keep asking about for BB, like power control in the notification bar, as long as it wouldn't take away from the essence of BB. Or basically taking third-party apps and building them right into the settings - like the dock customizations.

I've been using LP for a few months now, only bought Plus last month because I was looking for resizing widgets; it gets laggy on me sometimes too, but I think it may be because of my SetCPU profiles (125mHz with screen off) or something with the ROM.

I know BB is the right way to go for Android users not looking for super-customizable ROMs because I loaded 0.5 onto my brother's Droid and he's loving it :D

8. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont know if it can be done.with BB but my friend with a d2 has 3d bookmarks for his browser that and a fully stable version that pets you customize the dock icons would be good for.me

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

9. tcfrombn

tcfrombn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    From my original thread about this.

10. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Yours doesn't? I'm on 6.2.1 and mine still goes down to virbate and silent

11. tcfrombn

tcfrombn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Nope, they are one in the same if using the volume buttons. I cant toggle between normal vibrate and silent modes using purely the volume buttons.

12. smmfc

smmfc Member

Ratings:
    +1
    That's weird I can drop from full volume to vibrate to silent with the volume buttons no problem

13. tcfrombn

tcfrombn New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    You're right. I just found the setting that allows this.

Nevermind!