feasting on gingerbread

bluemoon

Reaction score
Got the ota at 10:59. Finished downloading & checked things out for ~10 minutes. Early (very early) impression... Thumbs up!

Got this phone on launch day, no problems whatsoever thus far... Lets hope it stays that way!

Rokin

Reaction score
That's good to hear! Noticeable increase in overall performance? 2.3 is ready for me to download, but i'm hesitant.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I would wait if you want to root. It might be like the X, and the OTA is unrootable

Apex 2.0 Revolution

OP
B

bluemoon

Reaction score
Tried most of my favorite apps & services, no trouble at all (fingers crossed) so far. Noticed a few nice touches on the UI. Seems, if anything, to be a little more snappy, though I was completely satisfied with device speed anyway.

Checked software version- Android 2.3.3, HTC Sense 2.1

I don't blame u for being hesitant if your experience has been like mine out-of-the-box... Pretty much flawless. Was a little concerned I was messing with a good thing, but couldn't resist.

OP
B

bluemoon

Reaction score
Ok, slight but definitely noticeable speed improvement. The only thing that has ever lagged on this phone was the animated radar on Weatherbug. Just tried it, & absolutely no lag at all.

Nothing earth-shattering, but between the new ui touches & the slight speed increase, I'm really digging this gingerbread. Living on the cutting edge of mobile technology here in Elsmere. What... you didn't know northern Kentucky was a hotbed for that sort of thing??? B-)

YoungDrea

Reaction score
No way I'm in northern Kentucky too... Burlington here! Downloading GB now, very excited.

Sent from my ADR6350 using DroidForums

DrElwinRansom

Reaction score
Not much new to it, but I like the Quick Setting and Downloads features.

One thing that was weird was the screen that flashed when I just received an email, saying "Contacting Google's servers" or something like that. May have been a one-time thing.

summit21

Reaction score
I went into my check for new software feature and downloaded it last night. Does seem to be a little quicker now, not that it really ever lagged. My mail is yahoo and it shows the icon on top now if there is new mail. The quick settings is handy for blue tooth and GPS. No problems at all so far.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
I took the update last night. Running good for me so far. I would say performance is even better, but it was great on froyo too. Quick settings tab, metal skin in skin chooser and support for wireless charging are nice touches. Also wireless is working for me on this update, I know some people were worried about that.

sent from my inc2

evan2001

Reaction score
What is the new download feature? I don't see it

nikecar

Reaction score

Go to SETTINGS-> SOFTWARE UPDATE -> CHECK NEW

You should see the new update and have the option to install it.

Reaction score
Im really digging it. It is definately snappier. Smoother scrolling , even on the droid forums app. Pretty impressed so far. Keyboard is better also.

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score

Are you talking about the download feature that came with GB? There is a download app in my app drawer now. Don't know if it was there before actually. It just shows downloads organized by date.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
That is a new Gingerbread thing. And if you use anything but the stock browser, its useless as nothing shows up in there

Apex 2.0 Revolution

Reaction score
It looks like the email notification icon in the status bar is different...not as bright.

It also seems to have disabled the home button in GO Launcher EX and it always takes you back to the Sense home screen instead. For that reason I've ditched Go Launcher EX for now and gone back to using Sense.

Other than that I don't see anything else earth shattering one way or another. Hopefully the changes under the hood are for the better.