FDR

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by mcraeh, Aug 21, 2014.

1. mcraeh

mcraeh Active Member

Ratings:
    +28
    I think I am ready to try the FDR on my phone. Can anyone point me to detailed instructions on how to do it? I'm not a very savvy phone user, so I don't want to screw anything up. Also, I have my pictures and contacts backed up, but is there any way to back up settings on the phone itself? Like ringtone, that kind of thing.

Oh also (I know this is a dumb question), how do I make sure that only apps I want to put back are installed after the fact? Do I just do it manually from the play store? I'm hoping there isn't anything that would cause everything I have bought to be automatically downloaded and installed after the FDR, which would defeat the purpose I imagine.

Thanks!

2. dezymond

dezymond Tech Support Mod
    Staff Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +1,672
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Follow instructions found here: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/devices/knowledge_base.html/49625/

After doing so you go to the play store and stop whatever apps from installing again.

As for backing up: ringtones will need to be moved over to an external source, so use a file manager for that to move to SD card if the Razr Maxx supports an SD card.