FCs and reboots

Discussion in 'Project Elite' started by Glitch4583, Jan 30, 2011.

1. Glitch4583

Glitch4583 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    First off, I'd like to say I love the work that was put into this ROM and I'm very sure that I'm an isolated issue but when I put PE onto my D1, I start getting FC's and reboots all over the place.
    The reboots are whenever I seem to uninstall an app. The app JUST finishes uninstalling and suddenly the ROM hot reboots to the boot screen. I then have to wait about 2 minutes for my phone to finish reloading all the apps that are on the SD card, which is any app that's not a widget or ADW.
    Next I seem to get a bunch of FC's. While this does happen in a number of apps, the worst offender is Rhapsody. I can not tell you how annoying it is to be running on a treadmill and having to pull out your phone every few minutes because the app has FC'ed. I have uninstalled the app and reinstalled it to the internal memory but it just keeps FCing. Again, it happens with other apps but this one is the worst.
    Again, I love PE and would love to get these issues worked out. Until then, I'm back to CM6.1.2, which is also elite in its own way. :)

- Glitch

2. burntorangefan

burntorangefan Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glitch, I'm sure there are a number of possible explanations, but I'm not sure I've seen anyone post of issues like this...So, much as I hate to say it, did you wipe before installing? To be honest, it sounds like a kernel issue. This one comes with a stock 1.1 Ghz slayher kernel and could be the culprit. CM, at least stock, runs at 600 or 800 depending on the build. When you start getting FC all over the place, it's likely a combo of either too low voltage or too high frequency or both...Try underclocking the max speed from 1.1 down to 800 in Elite Settings and see if that helps.

3. Glitch4583

Glitch4583 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I actually replace the kernal with slayher 1.2Ghz (same that I use with CM6.1.2) but I'll try sticking with the stock kernal. As far as wiping goes, I clear boot, system, cache and data/factory 3 times each before I flash any ROM. Thanks for the kernal idea though, I'll give it a shot. :)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk