FCC Reveals the Pics for the LG D820 (Possibly the Nexus 5)

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
lg-d820-fcc-nexus5-1.jpg

Earlier we shared that the general consensus regarding the LG D820 being the Nexus 5 has flip-flopped back to an affirmative. Now we found a cool pic straight from the FCC of this new LG D820 device! Here's a quote with more of the details,

Documents seen on the Federal Communications Commission web site provide the clearest look yet at what could be a new Google Nexus phone made by LG. LG submitted a "class 2 permissive change" for a variant of Verizon's LG G2 for "some hardware changes (antenna/PCB adjustments)" to the device. Such changes are typical close to the release of new phones. However, the photos that accompany the class 2 permissive change show what appears to be an entirely different device. The new device resembles the shape and design language of the Nexus 4, but has a larger camera design that is plainly visible on the back surface.

There were actually several pics, but most of them aren't too spectacular so we only included the one above. Check out the source link below for more.

Source: Phonescoop

g_what

Reaction score
If I am understanding the quote correctly, the phone pictured is a Verizon phone. And you say it is *probably* the new Nexus phone. By deductive reasoning, Verizon should be receiving the new Nexus (contrary to most of what I've been reading lately).

If that's true, I will gladly shell out whatever $$$ the phone costs. Been holding on to my GNex to wait for something like this.