FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by devils3023, Aug 7, 2011.

1. Suuperflie

Suuperflie Member

Ratings:
    +6
    What pictures are you looking at?? The power button is on the top left, not top right. Also, the only reason the border looks chrome is because of the flash from the camera that took the pics. If you look at the top and bottom pictures, as well as a couple others, the color is clearly charcoal.

2. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Active Member

Ratings:
    +40
    top left top right same thing, my point being its not centered. However one thing your not taking into account is that not all the pics will be of the same exact phone, each stage of pictures is from a different test model used for testing, they dont just use one single one for all the pics and test info, they will do all tests with different units all at the same time. Reason i say this is ive had a long history with prototypes and test models, and i know how its usually done. For example lets say this phone, they would generally have 5 test models, and from those 5, each will have minor differences like for example the chrome bezel, or one might have the button somewhere else, and the other maybe has a different coating or whatever, then they go off which serves better and then they go further into testing of that specific one and make more prototypes based on that. For a different carrier phone back in the day i came accross 7 different color scheme prototypes which all were the same model phone but different colors which they looked into seeing which would sell best. They do a lot of testing and market testing but ya. lol

3. Natey2

Natey2 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +5
    What temperature does this occur at? I recall my DroidX still operating fine(?) around 124F.

Sent from my unrooted DroidX using DroidForums app.

4. Enter

Enter Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I use to hit 138 regularly on my D1, no reboots but it was too hot to hold in your hand. Now my phone is so sluggish and I imagine it is from heat/overclocking. Honestly I can see the limit being a lot lower than that like 100-108, just sitting the temperature should be around 74 so the change in temperature is huge. Bootloops are annoyances but there are real dangers.

5. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    I wouldn't look into the "warm warning" too much. As others have mentioned, it's built into almost every device to prevent damage. It's most likely mandatory now for the FCC, so it's just highlighted there for their performance testings.

Chips can take up to 130-40C fairly easily, so I'm sure you won't be hitting the max they've set unless you OC or volt mod + keep the device in a very warm place.

6. thistle

thistle Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed, I won't even consider a phone without it, regardless of specs.

7. johnny9374

johnny9374 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    even if the gs2 has been out overseas for a few months it still smokes this thing already rooted running custom roms soon as it hits verizon im all over it

8. NittanyLion4life

Ratings:
    +0
    Isnt the rumor that they are both releasing the same day?

9. johnny9374

johnny9374 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    thats the last thing i heard but who knows to be honest i own a moto droid x right now but i doubt ill buy another moto product after learning what i have since owning it i want an unlocked bootloader so im going with the gs2 or im waiting for the newest htc to come out

10. bplewis24

bplewis24 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to see we're back to the non factual part of the speculation again.

Brandon

11. Liderc

Liderc Silver Member

Ratings:
    +45
    Well he has a point, the GSII does beat the Bionic already and it's been out for 3 months.

Bionic looks good, don't get me wrong, but the gs2 is still better in all ways except 4g LTE.

12. music life

music life Member

Ratings:
    +6
    wish it was 1.2ghtz

gonna be interesting to see the battery life. im worried that its gonna be like the tbolt. thats why im waiting at least a week before checking this out.

let the people who cant wait go and test it out for me. lol