FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Well he has a point, the GSII does beat the Bionic already and it's been out for 3 months.

Bionic looks good, don't get me wrong, but the gs2 is still better in all ways except 4g LTE.

music life

Reaction score
wish it was 1.2ghtz

gonna be interesting to see the battery life. im worried that its gonna be like the tbolt. thats why im waiting at least a week before checking this out.

let the people who cant wait go and test it out for me. lol

Droidram56

Reaction score
Well he has a point, the GSII does beat the Bionic already and it's been out for 3 months.

Bionic looks good, don't get me wrong, but the gs2 is still better in all ways except 4g LTE.
Not sure I'm ready to say that the GS II beats the Bionic, since it has not been officially established whether the Verizon version of the S II will have LTE. If it does have LTE, then it appears to match up well to the Bionic.

Hardware aside, I'm curious as to whether the Moto UI will truly be significantly improved over previous Moto phones.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
even if the gs2 has been out overseas for a few months it still smokes this thing already rooted running custom roms soon as it hits verizon im all over it

Glad to see we're back to the non factual part of the speculation again.

Brandon

Not only do we not know if the U.S. GS2 will have a Tegra 2 or Exynos....now there is rumors the T Mobile version might have a Snapdragon....

Samsung Hercules confirmed as a T-Mobile Galaxy S II variant -- Engadget

And I'm still waiting for these benchmarks where it destroyed the Droid 3...and that one Antutu benchmark someone put up of the Bionic ..looks to me the Bionic is a close 2nd in that specific benchmark.

If the Bionic gets better reception....that wont be better in all ways. Sometime we have to look at the overall picture...not just the glitz n glamor.

portermac

Reaction score
you guys crack me up with this GSII talk of how it wipes the floor with the Bionic. You don't even know what it's gonna have in it. To wait and see is very smart but to automatically assume it is so much better than the Bionic is really just sad. No LTE and most of you won't get it and the ones that do will probably hold on to it no more than a year. The Bionic has specs that will carry people for 2 yrs with no problem.
So what Im saying is don't come on the Bionic thread ranting how the Bionic sucks and the GSII is the S*** if you don't even know what the S*** is.

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
If verizon does get the GSII, do you honestly think they'll somehow make it worse potermac?

If not, then yes we do know what it does already. It's been tested against the Bionic and it's beat it by 10-20%. Check the benchmarks done by beta testers.

johnny9374

Reaction score
the only way the bionic could beat the gs2 would be if they really dumbed it down alot cant see why it wont be 4g guess we gotta wait a few weeks and see

johnny9374

Reaction score
you guys crack me up with this GSII talk of how it wipes the floor with the Bionic. You don't even know what it's gonna have in it. To wait and see is very smart but to automatically assume it is so much better than the Bionic is really just sad. No LTE and most of you won't get it and the ones that do will probably hold on to it no more than a year. The Bionic has specs that will carry people for 2 yrs with no problem.
So what Im saying is don't come on the Bionic thread ranting how the Bionic sucks and the GSII is the S*** if you don't even know what the S*** is.

who pissed in your cheerios bro? im just saying theres all this hype about it when its already been beat look it up and if you would have read what else i said i also said that i wont own a phone without root and an unlocked bootloader if the bionic comes like that which i doubt then id consider it im not knocking it just giving you my opinion

portermac

Reaction score
That's what I am saying. Wait and see. And do you really thing benchmarks will even be noticed in day to day use. The GSII will not be noticeably better than the Bionic. That I know for sure. With the Bionics specs it will definitely be a powerhouse ( unless it's a dud of a phone) Haha

johnny9374

Reaction score
ok lets agree to disagree lol and if we wanna go by rumors they were also talking about bumping up the processors just to compete with the iphone5 which is supposed to drop around the same time so let us wait and see

Liderc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't take this wrong, because I agree with you benchmarks are about worthless.

But, the GSII is over 3 months old now and it will be 4 months old by the time we get the Bionic and when the Bionic is released, the GSII will out perform the hardware in the Bionic.

A 4 month old device in a lower price range, beating a flagship device

The Bionic will probably be an amazing phone, I'll probably end up getting it myself to be honest, but we can't just ignore the facts.

portermac

Reaction score
Sorry all, Carlie my dog pissed in my cheerios this morning. I think I am just stressed also because my D1 is getting worse by the day.
One thing I was thinking about with the Iphone is if it did come with 4g, wouldn't that hurt at&t considering verizon has a way better lte market? Would apple do that to them?

johnny9374

Reaction score
damn u carlie lol and about the iphone why not?its no longer an att exclusive so dont see why they wouldnt

Reaction score
Did anyone notice that the user manual look to be the same one from the droid X and the X2

This looks a little bit strange to me that they are showing info for the bionic in the pic's but the manual is for the X even all the pis of the phone in the so called manual are of the X

Just my thoughts so I don"t really think the screen size is right in my opinion.

still want to see in person to make my mined up about this phone I am still running the Original Droid and I have no problems at all with it.

Manual also says it has a 6MP camera, and 720p recording.