FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Discussion in 'Android News' started by devils3023, Aug 7, 2011.

1. bigdad63

bigdad63 Member

Ratings:
    +25
    You hit on several key phrases. 1. "Everything I wanted and more." You've determined what your requirements are and are sticking with them (as everyone should). Only you know what will make you happy with your next phone. 2. "...pentile screen which I love." Regarding the pentile screen, people are going to either going to: Love it, hate it, be indifferent to it, or not notice it. If people dislike the pentile screen and they know there are other choices, there's nothing anyone can say to make them want that phone. And then, sometimes our decisions aren't completely logical. I know that dual core 1 ghz processors will be enough to smoothly run 95% of what I want to do, but since I know the GSII has been running 1.2 for months now and has the best benchmarks, I was hoping for at least the equal processor numerically. It's great that there are going to be so many things from which to choose.:)

2. thesandman00

thesandman00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I havent been able to look through the FCC stuff, but does anyone know if this has the same POS pentile type screen as is on the X2? If so, that's a huge downer for an otherwise great looking phone.

3. thesandman00

thesandman00 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, funny you posted about the pentile at the same time as I did

4. johnny9374

johnny9374 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    i want root and an unlocked bootloader

5. AdamPA1006

AdamPA1006 Member

Ratings:
    +11
    We can reasonably assume it will probably be the exact same screen as the x2, pentile is all that motorala has been using pretty much all year

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

6. portermac

portermac Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I was mainly pointing to the people saying it would be old news when it is released. Im not sure it will be unlocked but it will be rooted fairly quickly. And for battery life, it will have the best chance with the 1730 battery and pentile screen than any other phone out. But really that isn't saying much. All the 4g phones out are terrible with battery life.

7. tgyberg

tgyberg Silver Member

Ratings:
    +343
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
    One nice thing about that lip is it makes it less likely to accidentally hit those buttons on the bottom of the screen.

8. regkilla

regkilla Member

Ratings:
    +2
    Bionic :D...

9. pwrdbykyank

pwrdbykyank Active Member

Ratings:
    +40
    On the FCC page the pictures are from one of the earliest build prototype test models. They are submitted early on but blocked to public eyes and later on after a certain date public can see them. So its safe to say the chrome border is not going to be on the release version, and also if you guys can see the power on off button is located on top right corner on the prototype, but on the user manuals it shows it being in the middle like the droid 3 and droid x. I wouldnt rely on the prototype pics as being what it will look like exactly, ive had a lot of experience with this whole prototype process and fcc documentation submition stuff its almost always the same outcome :)

10. Immolate

Immolate Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Some things I noticed.

1) The manual is from March. Other documents range from March, April, May and June. It is difficult to say which are accurate and which are dated, but we can assume the earliest documents are the least accurate, unless you believe that the phone hasn't changed since March.
    2) There is an explicit measurement on the EX07A Test Setup Photos link of 74.97mm. Using this measurement to extrapolate chassis length and then comparing it to the hi-res front photo on the HAC Test setup photos yields a diagonal measurement of 4.34547". Because the manual is suspect, I needed verification.

Pretty cool info in any case.

11. das2042

das2042 Member

Ratings:
    +5
    I'm not exactly sure what you said there...but I like it! I think

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

12. Adrozz07

Adrozz07 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm more interested in the ultra-secret futuristic dojo this think is being housed in, as seen in the OP pic.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk