FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Snow02

Reaction score
Are we sure that the inductive battery door will be included or is it just being tested as part of the phone? The inductive has logos at different places and the hump seems less pronounced if there at all.

No. But it's clearly designed for one. They may sell the cover as an aftermarket accessory. It would certainly be nice if it were included.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Added Pics to the [OP] and moved thread to the Front Page News ;)

suro818

Reaction score
This seems a bit troubling...From page 2 of the user manual:

Cool down
In very limited circumstances, such as where your
phone has been exposed to extreme heat, “Cool
Down” message screens will appear. To avoid possible
damage to your battery and phone, you should follow
these instructions until the phone is within its
recommended temperature range. When your phone
is in “Cool Down” mode, only emergency calls can be
made.

Just read that... not too sure how I feel about that. Could be a good feature to protect the phone unless it ends up having an over heating problem, then we may find ourselves getting used to say "Sure, I'll look that up in a minute after my phone cools off."

It's probably in cases like if you leave your phone on the dashboard of your car with the windows rolled up for seven hours in 100 degree sun and then you decide to do some web surfing on LTE.

And am I the only one that's astonished that the FCC is also completely incompetent on taking a decent picture of the damn phone? Does this phone radiate some sort of EMP field that shorts out cameras? What the hell . . . :icon_evil:

Seriously... it's like the freaking loch ness monster people can only catch blurry images of it even in the 21st century

J5311

Reaction score
Not only do they test the inductive battery cover but also the PC board fr I would only assume a pc doc...

bigdad63

Reaction score
Okay, I'm confused, on one of the last batches of spy shots, it showed the hump on the bottom. But here is seems to show pretty clearly (at least to me) that the hump is on top.

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/eas/GetApplicationAttachment.html?id=1489106

The hump has always been at the top where the camera is, just like the bottom lip has always been raised, not recessed.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/mo...nic-pics-surface-full-look-sexy-new-back.html

I was referring to these pictures. Where would the hump wind up (in pic 1 or 2) if you flipped the phone over to put the rocker switch where it is in pic 3?

portermac

Reaction score
How can anyone not love this phone. It has everything you can possible have on a phone. Everything I wanted and more. I bet all who have been dogging the bionic are starting to realize they jumped the gun. Lets see, dual core, front and back camera, wireless charging, global ready, 4g, hdmi, 1gig of ram, 16gigs internal, sd slot, 4.3 screen, pentile screen which I love.
Good luck waiting for the next phone with all the bionic is offering. I am to excited for this phone to come out. YEAH BABY
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Art Vandelay

Reaction score
How can anyone not love this phone. It has everything you can possible have on a phone. Everything I wanted and more. I bet all who have been dogging the bionic are starting to realize they jumped the gun. Lets see, dual core, front and back camera, wireless charging, global ready, 4g, hdmi, 1gig of ram, 16gigs internal, sd slot, 4.3 screen, pentile screen which I love.
Good luck waiting for the next phone with all the bionic is offering. I am to excited for this phone to come out. YEAH BABY

But does it have root? Not sure what moto's stance is for having an unlocked bootloader, but that will be the ddetermining factor for me (and battery life, all be it I don't have high expectations, just don't want something lime 4 hours.)

bigdad63

Reaction score

You hit on several key phrases. 1. "Everything I wanted and more." You've determined what your requirements are and are sticking with them (as everyone should). Only you know what will make you happy with your next phone. 2. "...pentile screen which I love." Regarding the pentile screen, people are going to either going to: Love it, hate it, be indifferent to it, or not notice it. If people dislike the pentile screen and they know there are other choices, there's nothing anyone can say to make them want that phone. And then, sometimes our decisions aren't completely logical. I know that dual core 1 ghz processors will be enough to smoothly run 95% of what I want to do, but since I know the GSII has been running 1.2 for months now and has the best benchmarks, I was hoping for at least the equal processor numerically. It's great that there are going to be so many things from which to choose.:)

thesandman00

Reaction score
I havent been able to look through the FCC stuff, but does anyone know if this has the same POS pentile type screen as is on the X2? If so, that's a huge downer for an otherwise great looking phone.

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
I havent been able to look through the FCC stuff, but does anyone know if this has the same POS pentile type screen as is on the X2? If so, that's a huge downer for an otherwise great looking phone.

We can reasonably assume it will probably be the exact same screen as the x2, pentile is all that motorala has been using pretty much all year

portermac

Reaction score
I was mainly pointing to the people saying it would be old news when it is released. Im not sure it will be unlocked but it will be rooted fairly quickly. And for battery life, it will have the best chance with the 1730 battery and pentile screen than any other phone out. But really that isn't saying much. All the 4g phones out are terrible with battery life.