FCC Docs & Pics of Droid Bionic Revealed!!

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you look at the external pictures, you'll notice it has a chrome ring unlike the test units we've seen. The hump is also not that pronounced.

Funny, Verizon and Motorola will launch an ad campaign and we'll all be "meh, seen it"

So it would be safe to assume that the phone that hits stores will look more like this than what has been leaked by the testers? The phone not having that lip on the bottom does so much for it's over all look...

OriginalDroid

Reaction score
If you look at the external pictures, you'll notice it has a chrome ring unlike the test units we've seen. The hump is also not that pronounced.

Funny, Verizon and Motorola will launch an ad campaign and we'll all be "meh, seen it"

So it would be safe to assume that the phone that hits stores will look more like this than what has been leaked by the testers? The phone not having that lip on the bottom does so much for it's over all look...

Pretty safe assumption, agreed on the lip not being the prettiest thing ever, but if it is No LTE vs. Have Lip, I'll live with the lip.

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Finally side views , extreme close ups of the phone...

The pages are still up. For some reason, even the other pages, some folks had problems viewing them months ago.

And according to the FCC docs the LTE antenna is in the lip so at least Moto is putting it to use...lol

Hey...does the Bionic come with the charging door? That would be nice...

Why the user manual show the Droid X for putting in the battery...lol Funny...

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
jroc;1678020 Hey...does the Bionic come with the charging door? That would be nice... [/QUOTE said:
Yes, inductive charging battery door is standard. I'm curious as to whether or not it comes with that small wireless charging pad that's pictured in a few photos. It's barely bigger than the phone and I haven't seen any that size on the market. That would be sweet!

jroc

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yea thanks to the OP. Didnt realize all we had to do was go back to the FCC docs and just click on the links....doh!! lol.

Yep, can confirm it is working from a computer @ 9:10 CST.

Looking at the External Photos.... does that mean the final product won't have a lip on it???

The lip is there...in that first pic with the red background:

35898d1312729718-fcc-docs-revealed-bionic-pic.jpg

Attachments

• bionic pic.jpg
    bionic pic.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,172

AdamPA1006

Reaction score
4.3 inch screen and only 1 ghz is kinda dissapointing. But it looks like tell rumored Vigor is just that tablet (exact same specs) and I still doubt the gs2 will have LTE so I guess im still going with this. Im sick of waiting and just can't wait any longer

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Snow02

Reaction score
Remove the s from the https in the link, op. The forum app doesn't like it.

OP
D

devils3023

Reaction score
Back working again...For some reason when I take off the "s" in https it just takes you to the fcc homepage...

82DMC12

Reaction score
I'm on it right now, works fine!

I don't get why all the new phones have the BACK button as the 3rd button. The D1's layout is the most intuitive. Why do they always have to screw with the obvious stuff?

That being said, it's not just the Bionic. D3 as well, probably others. I'm thinking I'll pick up a Bionic and hope that one of these days it gets rooted.