FC and now WiFi doesn't work

Discussion in 'Bugless' started by JonYaya, Nov 5, 2011.

1. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

So I did the whole "roll back to FRG22D and start over" thing because I was having random issues. Then I installed GPA19, got all my apps, and everything's humming right along. Great, I'm happy.

Then last night, I'm playing some Blackjack, and the app FCs on me (these are rather rare for me in general, my problems were elsewhere). Afterwards, I notice my signal bars are white and my wifi connectivity indicator has gone away.

Power off phone, remove battery, let it sit. Power it up and signal bars come back, but wifi still isn't connecting. Wifi IS on, and if I watch the settings screen, it says "Connecting...", but it never gets past that. After a while it just says "Disconnected". The list of available hotspots with saved passwords at the bottom of the settings screen never indicates any are within range. There are two in my house and at least one neighbor's network (sometimes two or three) that typically shows up in the list.

I'm a bit unsure what to try next. Any ideas? I'm a bit worried that my WiFi antenna may have just committed hari kari, but I'm at a bit of a loss to explain how it's related to the FC.
  2. DHO

DHO New Member

3. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

That's what I did a few days back. I guess I should have been more clear about it, but that's what I meant when I said "rolled back to FRG22D and started over".

I suppose there's no harm in doing it again, it's just a bit of a PITA.
  4. JonYaya

JonYaya New Member

sbf'd back to FRG22D and WiFi started working properly again. Now rooting and re-installing GPA19. I have no idea what happened, but hopefully it doesn't happen again.

At least the hardware seems to be unharmed, software issues are easier to fix!