FB Notifications

browerjs

Reaction score
I'm new to Android, as I just got rid of my BB Storm, and got the X. I didn't link up my FB account through the Blur (I didn't want all the contacts to come down), but did download the free official FBapp.

This app says it will do notifications, and I expected it to be like the Blackberry, where I'd get a little Blue FB Icon in the notification area when I had a reply or some email from FB.

This doesn't seem to be happening, eventhough I have notifications set through the app. I still get all the FB emails through my hotmail account. Does anyone know how to get this to work?

Droidguru

Reaction score
You can't....Bloo is a little better you may want to try it. The native facebook app is absolutely the worst piece of android software on the market. I actually don't use facebook anymore because of it.

If you are a facebook user only and that is all you want the phone for, I suggest returning it and getting an iphone. That is the one thing the iphone platform does better than android that I have come across.

Best of luck.....

OP
B

browerjs

Reaction score
You can't....Bloo is a little better you may want to try it. The native facebook app is absolutely the worst piece of android software on the market. I actually don't use facebook anymore because of it.

If you are a facebook user only and that is all you want the phone for, I suggest returning it and getting an iphone. That is the one thing the iphone platform does better than android that I have come across.

Best of luck.....

I'm far from just a FB user, and I certainly wouldn't want to get rid of my X. I like it a ton, I'm just trying to figure out how to make it do the things I liked about my BB.

I'll give Bloo a shot.

nubby

Reaction score
You can use touch.facebook.com and bookmark it. Then make a shortcut to the page on your home screen. Works much better than the stock app.

velocity92c

Reaction score
The official fb app gets a lot of grief but its my favorite by far. It doesn't do notifications but I get email notifications anyway so don't really need them. Its much faster than the touch site and the widget is cool too. Don't understand the grief it gets.

gypsymm7

Reaction score
So, from reading the comments about the Facebook application with android… It’s very crappy... I just so happen to be a facebook user, and nothing seems to work for me. The app is, like I said crappy, I’ve tried the touch site, and that is crappy as well. I’ve tried to use the actual site on the browser and still it doesn’t work well. Every time I hit home for new status updates it will give me different updates. Ex: from 2 hours ago to 5 hours ago or even 18 hours ago. I even tried to dl a different browser. I’m frustrated with facebook.

If anyone discovers something new, let us know.

griz8791

Reaction score
I use the official FB app to browse my feed because I prefer its setup and look to Bloo. I have Bloo installed for the notifications.

Bateluer

Reaction score
Bloo is currently pretty out of date, 1.4.4d is old. The dev is working on Bloo Too though, once released, I may return to FB.