Favorites widget...

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Just moved from my RAZR Maxx but I really liked the favorites widget!! I don't see it on the S4... HELP!!!

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Welcome. I believe that was a Moto UI widget, looks like Samsung has one called "Favorite Contacts" it is a 4x6 widget. Could put that on a secondary screen, or re-size.

hondabomdc5

Reaction score
Welcome. I believe that was a Moto UI widget, looks like Samsung has one called "Favorite Contacts" it is a 4x6 widget. Could put that on a secondary screen, or re-size.

Where is this? I looked all through my widgets and I dont see it anywhere.

reybie

Reaction score
Interesting, must be a carrier specific thing? None on my VZW S4.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Ah I am sorry, I didn't realize that was a Nova Launcher widget. I just went to my Touchwize home launcher and saw it is not there. Sorry OP, looks like Samsung does not have the same feature.

Nova Launcher does though. :)

Great launcher, faster than touchwiz, imo.

BobDog437

Reaction score
I am with you. Came from Bionic, then MAXX HD and liked the favorite widget. I am currently using several 1x1 direct contacts on a page, which does virtually the same, but not quite as nice. There are some widgets on the Play Store, but haven't tried them yet and some are paid. I have played around with the Nova Launcher and there is a one, as Sydman said. It does not do the pull-down, to show numerous other contacts, like Moto's.

OP
ms4teacher

ms4teacher

Reaction score
I am with you. Came from Bionic, then MAXX HD and liked the favorite widget. I am currently using several 1x1 direct contacts on a page, which does virtually the same, but not quite as nice. There are some widgets on the Play Store, but haven't tried them yet and some are paid. I have played around with the Nova Launcher and there is a one, as Sydman said. It does not do the pull-down, to show numerous other contacts, like Moto's.

I agree. The pull down was convenient. And having my top 4 was awesome as well. I'm doing the same thing with the 1x1... :-(

Riderbob

Reaction score
There is an app in play store called contacts +. It has a few similar "favorites" widgets. I really don't use it. (Not enough friends :-( lol) but I like a lot of the other features of the app.
Hope this helps.

BobDog437

Reaction score
I have retrieved the Favorites.apk from my Droid RAZR and it worked fine on my RAZR HD and now on my Xperia Z.

I have uploaded the APK here:
www.kochka.ru/users/dimmie/Favorites.zip

I hope it will work for you as well!

Thanks, but the apk did not work for me. The widget loads and has one row of favorites. It says pull down, but but will.. Not slide down to show more contacts. Thanks again.

tpearson25

Reaction score
What I did was make a folder on my home screen that says favorite. I then add direct call into the folder. I did this for my most called people. When I open my favorite folder it shows my direct contact people like the old favorite widget did. It just takes a while to set up because you have to select each person and drop them into your favorite folder.

TRD4RNR

Reaction score
What I did was make a folder on my home screen that says favorite. I then add direct call into the folder. I did this for my most called people. When I open my favorite folder it shows my direct contact people like the old favorite widget did. It just takes a while to set up because you have to select each person and drop them into your favorite folder.
Thank you very much !! This works REALLY WELL.