Favorites on main screen

thcri

Reaction score
I don't want to clutter my main screen and would love to put my favorite programs in a favorite folder. I can create the favorites folder but can't figure how to move programs to it. Any ideas?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Long press an app from the app tray and drag it to the folder you created and "drop" it in the folder

OP
T

thcri

Reaction score
That doesn't work. When I let go it goes. Sci to where it was. I can drag it to the trash can and have it disappear but that is it.

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
Ensure the folder is on your home screen first. Add the app to the home screen as normal. Long press as if you were deleting it but drag it onto the folder instead of the trash can and voila!

the5barrons

Reaction score
You have 7 home screens... Well 6 cause you want the main home clear, right? Why not just put your short cut on another pane?

Swyped while being lazy in the DXForumApp

OP
T

thcri

Reaction score
Ensure the folder is on your home screen first. Add the app to the home screen as normal. Long press as if you were deleting it but drag it onto the folder instead of the trash can and voila!

Both folder and application are on home screen. I long push and drag the application to the folder just like I would if I wanted to delete it but instead of taking it to the trash can I take it to the new folder. The new folder lights up when I hover over it, I let go and the application goes back to where it was and no application in the folder.

DaddyRabbit

Reaction score
Both folder and application are on home screen. I long push and drag the application to the folder just like I would if I wanted to delete it but instead of taking it to the trash can I take it to the new folder. The new folder lights up when I hover over it, I let go and the application goes back to where it was and no application in the folder.

Is it an application or a widget? I don't think Widgets work in folders (at least none that I've tried)

the5barrons

Reaction score

Is it an application or a widget? I don't think Widgets work in folders (at least none that I've tried)

yes that's the problem, a widget won't go into a folder. every time you try to drag it into the folder it will just bounce back to the home screen

OP
T

thcri

Reaction score
It is an application. (ALLSPORTGPS) that I am trying to move.

the5barrons

Reaction score
It is an application. (ALLSPORTGPS) that I am trying to move.

Ok well here then. I made a folder, renamed it "favs". I put three apps on that pane next to it. A third party app (alchemy), df forums, and a preloaded app...navigation. Long press and drag all three to the folder and voila. All inside the folder. Just make sure your not inadvertently making a widget. The folder will definitely not accept a widget.

Before and after.

aefc72c0-54aa-ce66.jpg

aefc72c0-54c4-68ac.jpg

OP
T

thcri

Reaction score
That is exactly what I do but only out one program next to it. It does not work. When I drag the program over the favorite folder the favorite folder lights up I let go and the application goes back to where it was. Am I making the favorite folder wrong? I click on lower left menu key and add folder. Not sure how much simplier it could be.

the5barrons

Reaction score
That is exactly what I do but only out one program next to it. It does not work. When I drag the program over the favorite folder the favorite folder lights up I let go and the application goes back to where it was. Am I making the favorite folder wrong? I click on lower left menu key and add folder. Not sure how much simplier it could be.

Try this.

Longpress on a blank pane...anywhere on the screen. It's come up with a window "add to home screen". Hit "folders". That'll bring up "select folder" window. Click the top one "new folder". Don't click "favorites" (that is for contacts only).

Rename the folder whatever you want, but that is how I just did those three app shortcuts.

***EDIT...and if that doesn't work, either something is wrong with the app shortcut you are making and it's really a widget, or the phone is mistaking your shortcut as a widget.***

Last edited:
OP
T

thcri

Reaction score
Doesn't make no difference what I try to move there. None of my programs will go in. Even the pre loaded stuff on my phone such as the Office program or anything from the main menu screen that has the apps. I am thinking of resetting my phone to original or wiping.

the5barrons

Reaction score
Doesn't make no difference what I try to move there. None of my programs will go in. Even the pre loaded stuff on my phone such as the Office program or anything from the main menu screen that has the apps. I am thinking of resetting my phone to original or wiping.

I got nothin' else.

Try a reset.

csimo

Reaction score

Do not call the folder "favorites" as I think that's a protected system name for contacts. Call it FAVS or something else... not favorites.

-Joe