favorites in maps

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
Is there a way to save favorites in Google maps or maybe some roundabout way that you guys are doing this

AquaDan88

Reaction score
I too would like to be able to navigate to saved points in google maps/navigation. I use the GPS often for work, but it's a pain not having my client's addresses saved.

OP
dopeskwyd

dopeskwyd

Reaction score
I do know that you can save a clients address in their contact info and pull that up in maps. Even in voice search you can just say "navigate to(contacts name)".

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Well sometimes I don't have the addresses, or the contacts in my phone. On my old Garmin GPS there was a feature where you could save your current position, and label it for future reference. I was hoping for something like that.

Zecpull

Reaction score
If you touch the screen when you are in a location I think it asks if you want to save this location.

Chillson

Reaction score
There's already a way built in to the operating system to save or make favorites for Google Maps.

What I did was made a folder on the home screen by holding down on any clear area and called the folder Map Favs. Then again on the home screen, hold your finger down on any clear space till add to home screen menu pops up, select shortcuts, then directions.

Here you enter in destination, navigation type (car, pub transit, or walking), shortcut name, and select shortcut icon. Once you save it, this creates a shortcut on the home screen. Then you can hold it down to where you can move it, and move it to the folder you had made before.

mmcompute

Reaction score
Nice tip.

Would be great if we could just select somewhere on the map with our finger and save that as a favorite. Say you were traveling and wanted to mark your current location for future reference. "Save Current Location to Favorites" would be a nice feature.:motdroidvert:

AquaDan88

Reaction score
Nice tip.

Would be great if we could just select somewhere on the map with our finger and save that as a favorite. Say you were traveling and wanted to mark your current location for future reference. "Save Current Location to Favorites" would be a nice feature.:motdroidvert:
That is exactly what I'm talking about.

turtleboyf

Reaction score
I know this thread is relatively old but does anyone know if there is a way to voice navigate to one of these favorites? For example i want to be able to say "navigate to home" where home is a favorite i have saved

Cowpoke

Reaction score
Nice tip.

That is exactly what I'm talking about.

Just long touch a spot on the map, a little baloon will appear above it. touch that baloon and you will go to a black screen with options like "show on map" "Navigate to" etc etc. In the top right corner there is a star.. click that star and it lights up. This location is now saved on your map under your google account (you can see it on a PC also from now on if you go to google maps).

From that point on when you go to google maps on your phone, hit menu -> more -> starred items. This will give you a list of all of your saved items.

The only problem is I cant figure a way to rename these. What makes it nice is you can star any spot while on your PC also and it will show up on your phone.

diana

Reaction score
My problem is the star that should be present to the right of the address I've entered does not appear. Can anyone assist me with this?