Favorite workout apps

Chilazr

Reaction score
Hey everyone!
I just started using my Droid to help me on my runs. I've found the Run.GPS is really good. It tracks me while I run, gives me average speeds, distance covered, calories burned. It also has spots for current speed and such, but since I'm running, I don't really look at that. It also has a ridiculous amount of sports to choose from. I also like that it syncs with a website so I can look at it and track my progress on a computer, any computer. You can also issue challenges and have "races". So far it's the best I've found.
I also like Soft Race. It does a lot of the same things, but I don't think it has a website, so it can't offer more of the social aspects as easily. And it doesn't have an area for you to put in body composition so it has a harder time with calorie counts. Still a great app if you're just looking for something to keep track of your runs.
I just downloaded SportyPal, seems to be really similar to Run.GPS. I think I'll try it out soon.
What are your favorite workout apps? Weightlifting, running, biking, hiking? :lifting:

Misterpipe

Reaction score
Best workout app

The best one I have found is unfortunately only available on the apple phone/ipod. It is called Gym Buddy and allows addition of any exercise you do in the gym. I have emailed the author and he assured me he is considering porting this app to the Droid. It might help to contact the author at [email protected]
This link is a quick video of the features of the app. I think you will agree the author has created a good app but needs to be pushed to move it to the Droid.
Text
Tom

stevo95

Reaction score
The best one I have found is unfortunately only available on the apple phone/ipod. It is called Gym Buddy and allows addition of any exercise you do in the gym. I have emailed the author and he assured me he is considering porting this app to the Droid. It might help to contact the author at [email protected]
This link is a quick video of the features of the app. I think you will agree the author has created a good app but needs to be pushed to move it to the Droid.
Text
Tom

Does it have a website it syncs to? If so, this could be what I have been looking for.

Rayv

Reaction score
I have been using cardio trainer. I absolutely love it! It has options for all sorts of cardio workouts (including driving, which I have yet to understand the point of). It uses GPS to track your speed/distance/calories burned. You can enter your weight for more accurate calories burned. It has a ton of settings options, like a voice notification that cuts into your music to tell you your pace/time/calories burned etc while you are working out. It also has an option to let you manually enter your workout (I use this for gym days). I have been impressed with how accurate everything has been with this app. Here is a screenshot of what the tracking option looks like:

workoutblurred.jpg

c_mack9

Reaction score
i used cardiotracker on a run last week. it was awesome. did all the stuff you mentioned and even played me music through my headphones. i havent tried any other aps yet but that was the coolest ran i have ever had and the longest at 6.5 miles :)

silvere2

Reaction score
I use gymbuddy to keep track of my lifting. It's not the best, but whatever, it's better than pencil and paper...and I have insurance in case I drop a 90 lb weight on my phone! :icon_ banana:

Reaction score
I use Cardio Trainer as well. Just like what Rayv said, CT tells you your time and distance. I plan on using it on my first half marathon in May and looking foward to using it then.

cocacola

Reaction score
I have sportypal on my phone, they have impressive community for the workouts, i like finding friends, the voice notification, keeping the results on line.
Usually using pandora and sportypal simultaneous.

icculusX

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
MyTracks is totally the best for walking, hiking and whatever (even driving). Tracks your spot GPS on a multi-touch map... records lots of stuff like speeds, elevation, time...

Plus, you can easily send your recordings to Google Maps or Docs. I use it all the time to track my walks...