Favorite Widgets Thread

morris93

Reaction score
I didn't see a topic about people's favorite widgets so I thought I'd post one. I love my last fm widget, makes it so easy to just start listening to music

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Beautiful widgets is perfect on my default screen but as for overall I think I give it to the retro camera widget. All five cameras nicely displayed on a shelf for easy access

aefe563f-b38f-30b3.jpg

tappin and a talkin

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally found a good RSS widget = Buzzbox. They have a full 4X4 widget and some decent update settings. You can choose multiple feeds for a widget and even enter your own. The only minor nitpick (which isn't really an issue) is you can't label/categorize feeds yourself. But it comes with some 500+ feeds organized into @15 categories. Seems to be fairly smart not duplicating topics, but you can also choose "all" from a feed or "top" (which filters articles from that feed based on popularity with other feeds)

I've got 4 screens running that 4x4 widget and it's great. Nice interface, too, when you click to read the article. Maybe still a bit rough around the edges but overall a great little widget.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
My other votes:
1) 4x4 Pure Messenger widget (SMS, Facebook, Twitter, GMail and Exchange, scrollable for some home launchers)

2) 4x4 Android Agenda widget (integrates Astrid, scrollable for some home launchers)

3) Weather Forecast Widget (I use 4x1, I like the fact that it auto updates location/city with gps)

harrellj

Reaction score
Finally found a good RSS widget = Buzzbox. They have a full 4X4 widget and some decent update settings. You can choose multiple feeds for a widget and even enter your own. The only minor nitpick (which isn't really an issue) is you can't label/categorize feeds yourself. But it comes with some 500+ feeds organized into @15 categories. Seems to be fairly smart not duplicating topics, but you can also choose "all" from a feed or "top" (which filters articles from that feed based on popularity with other feeds)

I've got 4 screens running that 4x4 widget and it's great. Nice interface, too, when you click to read the article. Maybe still a bit rough around the edges but overall a great little widget.

Have you checked out Scrollable News Widget?

Yeah, yeah.. I'm on my phone. So?