Favorite ROM

Discussion in 'Android Roms' started by movadoevo8, May 3, 2010.

1. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member Premium Member

Thread moved to proper area.
  2. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

Weird how come no matter what ROM i go to now from ROM MANAGER the MAX MHZ is 600? I can no longer go to 1000 even if i select the 1ghz one? SetCpu does not allow me too 600 being max. Any thoughts?
  3. kiyanofosho

kiyanofosho New Member

my favorite rom is the SensUI rom being ported, but until its ready for everyday use, my next choice would be Pete's new rom. Bugless Beast v1.0. it has been the fastest and most organized rom ive used. how he removed the use for autokiller and setcpu is amazing. ive used every rom known to man. ones for the g1, mytouch, cliq and the droid, and so far petes BB is the best. its stable, no crashes or random reboots. but until the zeusdroid rom is out and ready, ill stick with this one.
  4. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

I'm using the same setup as you except instead of BB v1.0 im using CyanogenMod and Chevy's 1ghz kernel. I'm also using SetCpu and have it clocked at 1ghz.

I just downloaded and installed BBV1.0 the same one as you and i choosed 1ghz VIA ROM MANAGER and after booting back to the phone SetCpu does not let me go pass I believe it was 384mhz. I tried the same Rom but with i think it was Smoked glass theme and it allowed me to go up to 600mhz max. Now I can't get back to 1ghz.

So i booted into SPVRecovery and restored my Nandroid back up which was the original setup Petes 2.1 rooted, Chevys 1ghz and CyanogenMod ROM and now i'm able to stay at 1ghz again on SetCpu.

Anyone know why this is happening? How can i use another rom from ROM MANAGER and keep my 1ghz clock?
  5. kiyanofosho

kiyanofosho New Member

when you get to setcpu in your rom thats messing up, are you going back and setting it to autodetect inside setcpu? that could be the problem
  6. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

Yes I'm using the Autodetect option. Is there another way to fix this? I alos tried choosing the Motorola Droid/Milestone option and I got the same result.
  7. Kmart95

Kmart95 New Member

I've had this issue before and all I had to do was uninstall setcpu and reinstall it. Not really sure if this will work but it did for me so I thought I would put it out there.
    Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  8. ravichopra

ravichopra New Member

Cyanogen...

I started with Sholes/DroidMod 1.0, which despite all their claims was never all that stable for me. I got fed up with waiting for them to update and went to UD 9.8 which really impressed me on speed, and then UD 10 which was also nice.

After the blowup, I switched to CM 5.0.6.2 which has been rock-solid for me. I did flirt with the latest BB 1.0 given all the hype around it. I really liked it - seemed clean, stable, had a lot of nice stuff built in, started up faster than any other ROM I've seen anywhere, and had a gorgeous smoked glass theme. The only problem for me was that it just didn't seem as fast as CM 5.0.6.2 clocked identically (1 Ghz).

Now I'm back on CM 5.0.6.2 with a slightly modified NexDeep theme. For me at least this has remained rock solid, screaming fast, and reliable for work and play. I am looking forward to a few small fixes (Epocrates!) coming in 5.0.7, but for the most part I couldn't be happier.

I'll admit that I am sorely tempted by SD/HB - those are some nice looking ROMs...
  9. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

Im running CM 5.6.2 as well I reverted back because of the overclock issue I had and have chevys 1ghz kernel. How can I install themes and keep my setup is it possible?
  10. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

Which of these Roms support Gifs or animations in webpages?
  11. The Rick

The Rick New Member

I did the exact same thing. I was with UD from 5.5 to the 10 update and while I loved the rom, i have always had little bugs/issues/random reboots/battery pulls etc. I stuck it out because it was so much faster then everyone else it was worth it (not that it was horrible, just not perfect). i've been on BB1.0 since the day is was official and I haven't had to reboot or power off or force close anything once yet except a game when I was trying to play while a call was coming in (took like 1 sec to resolve itself, call worked, game closed). I'd call that better then stock for sure!

Yes, bb1.0 doesn't support apps2sd but it does everything else I want and hasn't slowed down a bit since i've had it running which is my number 1 priority as i'm super impatient
  12. gszeman

gszeman New Member

+1 for BB 1.0. Pete has done some crazy awesome things with this ROM...if you haven't tried it, I suggest you at least give out a shot.

Sent from my Droid
  13. UNC

UNC New Member

I have to say BB 1.0 is by far the fastest and smoothest. It doesn't have all the same bells and whistles like CM 5.0.6, but it's FAR faster and more reliable. (Even if the LinPack scores were worse, for me anyway)
  14. icculusX

icculusX Premium Member Theme Developer Premium Member

Hmm maybe Ill think about trying Bugless Beast V1. I have been on UD since I saw him on here and was so happy. I tried many other ROMs along the way, but UDv10update has been the best, most stable. Maybe Ill try it...
  15. The Rick

The Rick New Member

you can easily go back to it so why not dancedroid
  16. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

Anyone can direct me to which ROMs support it? UDv10 had this. Im hoping Bugless had it but didn't.
  17. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

CyanogenMod 5.0.6.2 with jsin's themes.

I tried BuglessBeast v1.0 but it was overheating badly and shutting off after only a couple minutes of use. Tried multiple flashes, multiple wipes and different kernals. Back to CM5062.
  18. MAzing87

MAzing87 New Member

When you say overheating badly, just how bad? Did you measure?
  19. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

I wonder if people's perception of speed and snappiness when switching to new ROMs is affected at all by the fact that most of the ROMs recommend a wipe before installing, which tends to speed up the performance of the phone regardless? :)
  20. movadoevo8

movadoevo8 New Member

Ohhhhhh So wiping the phone is recommended when switching roms? I haven't been doing that LOL....