favorite recipes thread

Frederuco

Reaction score
For steaks at home, I use some nice thick steaks, use a Jaccard tenderizer, then rub some monterey steak seasoning into them. Let them sit for an hour or two. Heat up the charcoal grill nice and hot. Sear it on each side for about 30-45 seconds. Then move away from the hot coals and cook until medium rare. Sprinkle some gorgonzola cheese on it.

Burgers, I use 93% lean or higher beef, or some ground bison. Add a pack of dry french onion soup to the mix, add an egg and some bread crumbs.

My ribs, I use a dry rub that is my own blend of spices that yields a spicy sweet rib when finished. Smoke them with hickory chips for 6-8 hours for that fall off the bone goodness.

When eating out, I usually order my steaks medium rare and they come out anywhere from rare to medium depending on how bad the cook is.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Baked bacon. Place an elevated grate on a cookie sheet then put the bacon on that. Cook at 350 until the bacon is done to your liking. No extra grease on the bacon or grease that is too hot to cook in. All of the strips come out flat and delicious.

Just bought a large coal grill and wish I would have done it sooner. I enjoyed the gas because you could fire it up, cook up a few hot dogs real quick and shut it off. But the taste with coal is hard to beat.

More to come...

I just recently had baked bacon and I was pleasantly surprised I like it. For those die hard bacon fans check out: Baconery: Home

Droid Firefighter

Reaction score
Indiana (and that is close enough for the internet
Current Phone Model
S8
Meatloaf: adjust the pounds of meat based on the number of people (figure 1/2 lbs/per person). Mix ground beef with 1-3 eggs, bread crumbs, dried French onion soup, diced onions, and some ketchup. Mix it by hand then form it into a meatloaf pan if small enough or into a meatloaf shape for the large ones (we cook a five pounder at the firehouse). Cook at 375-400 until you get an internal temp of at least 160, about an hour or so. While that is baking get a bowl, mustard, ketchup, and brown sugar. Mix all three in a quantity large enough to glaze your meatloaf. Mix equal parts mustard and ketchup then start adding the brown sugar until you start to make it a little sweet. Adjust the sugar to taste. Once you've reached the proper temp in the loaf, turn off the oven, cover the top of the meat with the glaze and let sit in the hot oven for about 5 minutes. Keep the extra glaze and put it on the table. Serve with mashed potatoes and an ice cold beer.

This post is Incredible 2

OP
pc747

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
And just for fun, don't forget to throw some bacon in or on the meatloaf.

This post is Incredible 2

"MOM THE MEATLOAF!"

Sorry when I saw that I thought about wedding crashers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Gary_D

Reaction score
Nice, a place to swap recipes, don't minds me i'm new just trying to figure out how this thing works

Gary_D

Reaction score
If you haven't tried it yet Brussels Sprouts sliced in thirds with fresh ginger, craisins, and sweet baby carrots, and some cooked turkey bacon (optional) drizzle with a bit of grape seed oil and steam till soft , goes great with a filet of salmon or tilapia

Live Like You Mean it !!!!!!