Favorite PAID Apps

vuskee

Reaction score
I've already looked through many free apps and was wondering what apps do some of you guys pay for? Hopefully we can get a good list going to help some people willing to spend a few dollars on a good app. :icon_ banana: I'll edit my post listing the top apps people use too.

Updated: 1/17/10
Beautiful Widgets - Clock/Weather Theme
Touchdown - Exchange/Outlook Sync
MultiTouch Gallery Pro - MultiTouch Gallery
GDE - Home/Theme
Camera Zoom FX
Twidroid
Documents2Go

wormywyrm

Reaction score
I have paid for a lot of games, but the only non-game app I paid for so far is gBlocker, which lets you block calls.

I was really frustrated with all the free call blockers... One of them even automatically ANSWERED the call in my pocket instead of blocking it, and the person listened to me having conversations with other people for 5 minutes before I noticed this... A very potentially dangerous app! Hah. Thats when I realized, ok, I need to cough up a couple bucks and buy the one I can rely on.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Productivity - Touchdown for Exchange
Games - Colorix HD

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought several paid apps the first night I had my phone only to discover there were free apps that were better or as good as the paid ones. Now I can't remember what I paid for and what was free. I bought a few games and one was Uno which is quite a blast to play if you need to kill some time

My Droid

Reaction score
My favorite app is Subsonic Music Streamer. It allows you to listen to your music on your home PC on your Android phone. It starts off as a free trial for 30 days then you can donate any amount you want. It requires you to download a server app on your PC that you tell were your music is and create user IDs for people you want to give access to. You'll need to tell your router to open a port so your phone can access your music. A little technical to setup at first but worth it. I like to show it off to iPhone users because they can't do that with their phones. The best thing is I don't have to load all my music to my SD card.

tu3218

Reaction score
My favorite app is Subsonic Music Streamer. It allows you to listen to your music on your home PC on your Android phone. It starts off as a free trial for 30 days then you can donate any amount you want. It requires you to download a server app on your PC that you tell were your music is and create user IDs for people you want to give access to. You'll need to tell your router to open a port so your phone can access your music. A little technical to setup at first but worth it. I like to show it off to iPhone users because they can't do that with their phones. The best thing is I don't have to load all my music to my SD card.

thats really cool, but it also drains battery more since your using the network rather then if you were playing music off your phone. But I guess it is a nice convenience factor for having any music that you want with you.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Beautiful Widgets - more than enough has been written about this on the forum
MultiTouch Gallery Pro - The free version worked just fine, but wanted to support the dev. Will use until stock Gallery gets pinch-zoom which apparently will not be in 2.1.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I have to agree that alot of the free apps are just as good, depending on what apps you are using. But technically nfl super fan was a paid app. Yeah it was free on the market but you had to buy the nfl package and for the online mobile was an extra $20 for 5 mnths..........so I paid 100. After all that crying I did for the app to be released on android only to discover mooio.fm (which I know is not really an app) after visiting this site for the first time. Which helps my argument, I paid $100 (400 in total) for the nfl supercast just to listen to it (because I could not watch it at work) and I could not get any playoff games, monday night games, sunday night games, thursday night games. I pay nothing for moodio and I get it all for free.

With that said I still give direct tv :rating09:for the app, especially for how fast they had it on the market upon the release of the droid.

SarahP

Reaction score
Twidroid Pro, GDE, Documents2Go, Camera Zoom Fx, Beautiful Widgets

Would buy them all again if I had to!

OP
V

vuskee

Reaction score
updated list. keep em coming. i was thinkin about getting a new home, but imma wait for 2.1 to come out