Favorite music app?

kellym

Reaction score
I'm looking for an alternative to Google music, I'm unable to continue using it as my data plan will be changing soon. Manually selecting to make esch song available offline is a PITA. I want to keep music on my sd card and sync my playlists with my laptop. On-line reviews seem to favor Winamp. Any thoughts? Many thanks.

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I had GB, I used the stock music app as I don't have that many songs. When I updated to ICS, Music was replaced with My Music. It worked, but its main thrust is to show you albums to buy; you'd have to go to "My Library" for the music on your sd card. That was fine for the first day or so, but suddenly I lost the album art.

I ended up getting PowerAmp. It has many features, really more than I need. There are even themes for it, including an ICS theme. There's a 15-day free trial so you can give it a shot and see if it works for you. It cost about $5 in you decide to use it.

Vepaot

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G5 (LS992)
Another vote for PowerAmp. The main reason I like it is because unlike Winamp, you can specify folders to pull music from. This is essential for me because I don't make playlists, I just like to my entire collection on shuffle and go. But with other apps that only scan your device automatically, it'll add .wav and .mp3 files that you might only use for ringtones, alarms, custom notifications, etc.

linuxgator

Reaction score
Personally, I like Vanilla Music Player. Lots of features but not too flashy.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

qwas789

Reaction score
Jet Audio is another option. Not sure if you're talking player or downloader.

OP
K

kellym

Reaction score
Just tried winamp free version and cannot get playlists on desktop to sync with device, nor will it rexognize my device to sync wirelessly which seemed ideal. Ugh. Will try poweramp now. thanks for all of the feedback.

THE_LORD

Reaction score
Another vote for poweramp. Custom settings is awesome. You can have a different setting for headphones and phone speaker. I have tried them all. And poweramp is the winner.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
I also looked at Winamp and PlayerPro before getting PowerAmp. PowerPro gives you a 7-day free trial.

prime

Kernel Developer
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
github.com
Poweramp is somewhat convoluted in the menus and options, I purchased but do not use it much. Player Pro is less convoluted, try them both and see what you like. There are of course many free options available as well.

markc23

Reaction score
MixZing has worked well for me, though I don't do any syncing, just drag and drop. Also can use images in a folder directory so you don't have to mess with tags and such.