Favorite Kernel for UD 9.8-developers chime in

Discussion in 'Blackdroid' started by mzimand, Apr 9, 2010.

1. mzimand

mzimand Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I would like to hear from the developers as well as the beta testers as to which Kernels that they found worked best on UD 9.8 and why?

I have been using the one that came in the ROM because I assumed that it was chosen by the developer because it was the best. Am I wrong?

Thanks
    Matt

2. supr2nr

supr2nr Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm no developer nor am I one of their beta testers but I can tell you this from my testing of 3 different kernels.

1. Stock kernel - runs perfect. I ran it at full speed (1000Mhz) in every app and never had an issue. Heat wise the thing would stay well below 100F (more around the 80-90 mark) the only time I ever really went above 100F was when I was playing a game for longer periods of time and then it would only go as high as 113F

2. AdamZ MV 1200 - Runs a bit snappier than stock. A little bit higher in temps. I usually idle around 90-97F I have gone as high as 120F. This one is my preferred as it seems to run the best with the most apps running the background. Also seems to be a bit more responsive when I have live wallpapers and just about 5 home screens full of widgets.

3. Chevy's MV 1250 - This one runs well but on my phone but runs very very hot. I would idle about normal in the 90's but if I started to work in any app for a few minutes the temp would rise drastically and stay that way until the phone was back in sleep/standby. Got as high as 125-130F on me. Warm enough that you could feel the back of the phone to be quite warm and be a little bit worried.

These are just results on my phone however, you personally will have to test each kernel on your phone individually for a few days to see what you prefer and which one causes the less data corruption or force closes.

3. YankeeDudeL

YankeeDudeL Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I've only tried AdamZ's LV 1.2GHz with UD9.8, but that's the only one I try anymore. I've never gotten above 1.1GHz with Chevy's. AdamZ's 1.2 works like a champ for me. But I'm well aware of people with the opposite luck.