Favorite Custom ROM...ever?

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
Getting ready to wrap the kids gifts, wanted to present the Android community with a fun poll question.
What is your favorite custom ROM ever? Name your top 3-5 if you wish. After the holidays we can count up to see who gets the most votes for Custom ROM of the Year!

BTW, this might have been done already, and if it has this will give some of the newer members a chance to vote.

1. Bugless Beast 0.4
1a. Project Elite v1
3. Ultimate Droid 8.0

Now of course, there are newer versions of these ROM's that contain more options and are faster, but these in particular have run the best with positivitly NO FLAWS for me. Your list might be different.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Fission, and nothing else touches it. Honestly, not to be harsh, but I would rather use stock than many of the D2 ROM's.

Jasonjohns

Reaction score
1 metiCkmod any version
2 project elite v2
3 sapphire v111
4 raidzero baseline
5 lfy v171

Jeyman

Reaction score
1/2(tie)UltimateDroid/CyanogenMod
3)sapphire
4)CbevyNo1

I dont have build numbers. I change around and have used every rom on this forum at one point.(and still do for the most part) but them 3 are the ones I trade off to the most. I really want to try out MIUI people rave about it. Maybe that will be on my list next year! lol Also Bugless would of been on this list last year, but for whatever reason new builds wont play nice on my droid.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
1/2(tie)UltimateDroid/CyanogenMod
3)sapphire
4)CbevyNo1

I dont have build numbers. I change around and have used every rom on this forum at one point.(and still do for the most part) but them 3 are the ones I trade off to the most. I really want to try out MIUI people rave about it. Maybe that will be on my list next year! lol Also Bugless would of been on this list last year, but for whatever reason new builds wont play nice on my droid.

You should. I highly doubt you'll be disappointed.

dan.dar

Reaction score
In my short 9 day ownership of D1, I've only tried stock, Kangerade and CM. What I'm running now is CM6.1.2 with P3 LV 1GHZ kernel. Phone runs quick and is really solid. I can see myself staying with this until some stable Gingerbread roms come out.

Miui is intriguing for the phone (punch numbers to see contacts) and contacts slide bar, but the home screen icons are not my cup of tea.

OP
cloudstrife05

cloudstrife05

Reaction score
MIUI, i have to agree is nice as well. I just put up the ones that never gave me issues.

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
In my short 9 day ownership of D1, I've only tried stock, Kangerade and CM. What I'm running now is CM6.1.2 with P3 LV 1GHZ kernel. Phone runs quick and is really solid. I can see myself staying with this until some stable Gingerbread roms come out.

Miui is intriguing for the phone (punch numbers to see contacts) and contacts slide bar, but the home screen icons are not my cup of tea.

You can have an aosp based ROM on MIUI. You'll have everything about the ROM but all of your icons will the be exact same as if you were running another ROM. You don't have to have the larger more squared icons.

MIUI, i have to agree is nice as well. I just put up the ones that never gave me issues.

Understandable. MIUI does have quite a few problems most of the time. Luckily I'm only having one right now but 12.24 came out so I'm about to flash it:)

Sorry to get off topic!

Haloman800

Reaction score
1. Ultimate Droid.

BBeast is overrated... It's good, but too basic. I guess since it's bugless it's simple!

Haven't tried cyangen or w.e , but that's next on my list.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Sniper_5

Reaction score
1. Ultimate Droid 1.0, 2.1, 2.5

2. Simply Stunning 4.7-4.9( old reliable)

3. CyanogenMod 6.0.0( similar to #1 but less feature packed)

Sent from my DROID running UD2.5 @ 1Ghz

dan.dar

Reaction score
Tried out miui and didn't like it. Trying out UD 2.5 now. So far, my top 4 are:

1) CM
2) UD
3) Kangerade
4) MIUI

UD may go up to #1 depending on the rest of my testing.

styx

Reaction score
BB v0.5 is my favorite. It just works flawlessly! I currently have 0.6 on it now and everything works but I prefer the 0.5 over it. (looks wise)