Favorite contact widget

Reaction score
two questions on this 1) how do you change the favorites on a 4 square favorite widget and can you add any more faces to it to give you lets say 8 frequent favorites rather then 4? Thanks guys

laugh

Reaction score
I can only answer the first: go to your phone app, and tap "Favorites" on the top bar. Tap and hold on a contact you want to remove. Select "Remove from favorites". Now tap and hold on a contact you want to add, and choose "Add to favorites".

I don't know how to expand the widget but I'd like to do it too. If you find a way, please update the thread!

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
revolution5150 said:
two questions on this 1) how do you change the favorites on a 4 square favorite widget and can you add any more faces to it to give you lets say 8 frequent favorites rather then 4? Thanks guys

I assume that you know that you can swipe your finger downwards on that widget, which will expand it to 24 squares to add more favorites, and from the expanded screen of favorites there are two options at the top right. One (the plus sign) is to add a favorite, and second (the gear) allows you to re-order your favorites.
Hope that helps...

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
There is no easy way to configure your top 4 favorites in the widget. You would have to go to your contacts, go to the favorites group, remove all of them, then re-add them in the order you want, making sure you make the first 4 you add the 4 you want shown on your widget. It's pretty stupid.

gonzosmom

Reaction score
I figured it out! As stated earlier - swipe your finger down on the 4 square favorite people widget. Once you do that, you can touch the settings button and edit the order of your top 4 favorites! It is simple once you know how.

Likwid_E

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
S4
Oh, HA. I just understood what he meant. I never saw that settings icon when you drag down the favorites widget. Derp. :blink:

tomthbomb

Reaction score
I have 20 photo favorites, 10 in 2 columns. Don't think it's a widget but not sure.

Yorke

Reaction score
How do I add contacts to Favorites Under the Phone App?

I want to add contacts to Favorites in the phone app. I added the Favorites widget and added contacts and reordered them but that is only showing up under the contact widget. When I go to my phone app the new contacts are no there. I turned the phone off and on and it is still the same. I will appreciate any help. thanks

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I added the Favorites widget and added contacts and reordered them but that is only showing up under the contact widget. When I go to my phone app the new contacts are no there.

Technically, I cannot add a "new" contact in the favorites widget. If I click on the + sign to add a contact, it only gives me the option to select an existing contact.
Are you really meaning that you can add a new contact from the widget?
I'm on GB v.211

Yorke

Reaction score
Clarification of previous post

Technically, I cannot add a "new" contact in the favorites widget. If I click on the + sign to add a contact, it only gives me the option to select an existing contact.
Are you really meaning that you can add a new contact from the widget?
I'm on GB v.211

I am sorry. I can only add an existing contact to the favorites widget. Sorry for confusion. Evidently what is displayed on the favorite widget and what is displayed under favorite on the phone App are two totally different things. I only use the favorites that display on the phone app. The contact I was trying to add would not work and was adding another person as mentioned previously on this forum. Somehow I deleted my contact and readded and they now show up under favorites on phone app. Who knows? I wish favorites on the phone app displayed smaller photos but I am scared to touch it.

eshef

Reaction score
I had the 4 favorites on my home screen. The other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and somehow it came out with the pull down screen (of all the favorites) showing. I hit back and now on my home screen I have 5 (smaller) favorites! I would really rather have just the four, but I can't figure out how to undo this. Also, I can't "remove" any. When I tap and hold on a favorite in the phone app, either nothing happens or it dials. No choice of "remove from favorites". Anybody have any suggestions?

Miklb58

Silver Member
Reaction score
I had the 4 favorites on my home screen. The other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket and somehow it came out with the pull down screen (of all the favorites) showing. I hit back and now on my home screen I have 5 (smaller) favorites! I would really rather have just the four, but I can't figure out how to undo this. Also, I can't "remove" any. When I tap and hold on a favorite in the phone app, either nothing happens or it dials. No choice of "remove from favorites". Anybody have any suggestions?

Pull down on the favorites widget, which opens them all and on the top right you should see a +.
Click on the + and it should open the contact list, with check boxes on the right side of each name, and the names that you do have in your favorites should be checked. Just un-check any that you don't want in the favorites widget.

eshef

Reaction score
Thank you, that worked nicely! When I rebooted my phone this morning, it returned to the four larger favorites rather than five, so that problem was solved also.

meatloaft

Reaction score
Your "favorite contacts" are the ones you have starred in your address book. Those are the ones that will show up in the widget. I'm assuming if you hit + while in the widget it will open your contacts and allow you to pick and star a particular contact.