Favorite car(s)

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by TreFiDDy, Jun 18, 2011.

1. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I think it's funny whenever I hear anything about a veyron. I only hear little kids or people that don't know much about cars saying thats what car they would want. I always say why not just buy a miata and blow 100k in it and you'll probably have something just as fast that can track better then the veyron with a fraction of the money you'd have to spend on a veyron. But thats just my opinion on it haha

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

2. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    U can get a 911 and increase the psi on the turbos. Get an m3 twin turbo will get u 1200 house power with the right set up. The bugatti is stock like that though.

Still, I don't like it too much. Cool car to see but would never own one even if I could

3. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18

sure you can dump tons of money into any car and get it to be fast....but lets be real here, the engineering that goes into producing a car that can go 250+ mph AND keep it on the road is mind boggling.

No way in hell you can build up a "normal" road car to do everything that the Veyron does. You might be able to get it to go as fast, but what about stopping it? (Have you seen the brakes on that thing?!?) How about the aerodynamics involved with keeping the car from lifting off and putting you into a tree at speed? Are you going to be able to design a diffuser and wing to give you the correct downforce, without sacrificing handling or speed?

Say you can do all of the above. What are the chances that it will still be street legal? Slim....and....none

I'm really not trying to sound like a complete d!ck about this. I am a mechanical engineer with a lot of experience modifying cars and I truly believe that this is one of the greatest feats of automotive engineering that we may ever see.

Its the engineering that went into this that makes it my wet dream car.

4. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    O I'm not bashing it im just saying like I'd rather spend money else where I mean if I were driving a car worth over hundred thousand let alone a couple million dollar car I probably would be scared to drive it on the street.
    but anyways it is a cool car to have a radio full interior plus being able to have that much horsepower is pretty crazy
    But in my opinion if your going to have a car with that kind of horsepower and torque I should feel like it's meant for what it was built for. thats why I prefer the zonda r (if it was street legal)

5. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Btw twins isn't the best idea better to go with a single big turbo. Sort of like the hpf staged turbo upgrades for the e46
    And plus the veyron has 16 cylinders and 4 turbos to only get 1000 kind of sad but thats my opinion

6. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Ah where do I begin...
    McLaren F1 LM
    McLaren F1 Gtr
    McLaren Mp4-12c
    Pagani Zonda R
    Pagani Huarya
    Ferrari F40
    Honda Nsx-R
    Honda/Acura Integra Type R DC2
    Honda Civic Type R
    Honda S2000
    Porsche 911 Gt3 RS
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evos
    Subaru Impreza Sti
    Tommy Kaira ZZ-II
    Nissan Skyline Gtr (R32& R34)
    Nissan GtR
    Nissan Silvia/240sx S14& S15
    Nissan Fairlady Z
    Bmw M3 E30
    Mercedes Clk Gtr SS
    Mazda Rx7 (FC/FD)
    Ariel Atom 500 V8
    Ultima Gtr
    Toyota Supra
    Toyota Corolla AE86
    Ciroen C4 Rally car

As you can tell I'm more into Japanese cars but also like european cars aswell, sucks that here in california and the usa in general that we didn't really get the cars I wish we could've had over here, damn regulations and all that. I've been into cars since I was young and got my hands on Gran Turismo, love em so much that I wanna major in mechanical engineering, its gonna take a while but its gonna be worth it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

7. jayman350

jayman350 Member

Ratings:
    +18
    @robotcow if it is what you are passionate about then absolutely go for mech engineering, I won't lie it us a ton of work and your friends in other majors will think you are crazy for all the work that you have to do, but in the end it's all worth it

I've always loved cars and figuring out how they work, how to make it better, etc that's what originally bright me to mechanical engineering. I wish I could work I'm the car industry but I'm not willing to move to Detroit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

8. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    Horse power freaks is twin turbo. I'm not a huge fan of veyron either even though it'a impressive

9. The Robot Cow

The Robot Cow Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Definitely, I would love to end up with a f1 or rally team or some race team or tuning company. Not even the sky is the limit. The way I see it is while in college just go for it and dream bigger than you can imagine, who knows where you'll end up, that's what I'm excited about

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

10. TreFiDDy

TreFiDDy Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Could of sworn it was just one big turbo but anyways there kits aren't with the money anyways haha

11. alboboy10

alboboy10 Senior Member

Ratings:
    +19
    One big turbo to boost the m3 from 300 horses to 1000...that would be a lot of psi!

12. gflam

gflam Developer
    Theme Developer Developer

Ratings:
    +34
    two keys: one to start the car and allow enough power for normal driving about town, and a second key (that fits a lock next to the driver's thigh) that unleashes the full power. Of course, at maximum speed, the 22-gallon fuel tank will run dry in just 12 minutes, although you'd have covered 51 miles, probably in white-knuckled terror.

Top of the Line | Yachting Magazine

first heard of the two keys on top gear and by the way at full speed the tires blow out in 15 minutes :) but they did it that the gas would run out in 12 so that wouldn't happen ha

But yea not what i would want like you guys were saying it's cool and all but 1.3 mil is too much for a car that's gluttony to me i love corvettes have loved them since i was like 5 and it has always been my dream car but then i have a new love as well which is the maserati quattroporte which i'd probably get used with like 9k miles they sell a 2006 with 9k miles on it at like 50k i've seen them so that's what i hope to get a bit after law school :)

Search tags for this page
diesel wrangler
dodge srt8 drag racing tune

how to tune ferrari fxx drag racing

jeep wrangler diesel
stingray corvette
tuning bmw m5