Favorite car(s)

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
It requires 2 keys to get to the maximum speed (253mph or +). This lowers the rear spoiler, to reduce drag.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

jayman350

Reaction score
nevermind, I just found that it is a "special top speed key" that only works while you are at rest.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
After you covered a football field in a second.

So key holes. Not keys. My bad.

Although it could be 2 keys, I'm sure the car comes with more than one.

jayman350

Reaction score
After you covered a football field in a second.

So key holes. Not keys. My bad.

Although it could be 2 keys, I'm sure the car comes with more than one.

imagine what the cost of a replacement key for a Veyron would be?!?! Hell my Nissa Sentra replacements go for 75+ from Nissan.

But yeah, I would hope that if I'm dropping over a million on a car that they could provide me with a spare key

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have a Rogue with the intellikey I think which is $300? Ugh

mtuchris

Reaction score
Audi R8.

Realistically, a new subaru wrx sti wagon. My current wrx wagon has 200k miles.

OP
T

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
I think it's funny whenever I hear anything about a veyron. I only hear little kids or people that don't know much about cars saying thats what car they would want. I always say why not just buy a miata and blow 100k in it and you'll probably have something just as fast that can track better then the veyron with a fraction of the money you'd have to spend on a veyron. But thats just my opinion on it haha

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
I think it's funny whenever I hear anything about a veyron. I only hear little kids or people that don't know much about cars saying thats what car they would want. I always say why not just buy a miata and blow 100k in it and you'll probably have something just as fast that can track better then the veyron with a fraction of the money you'd have to spend on a veyron. But thats just my opinion on it haha

U can get a 911 and increase the psi on the turbos. Get an m3 twin turbo will get u 1200 house power with the right set up. The bugatti is stock like that though.

Still, I don't like it too much. Cool car to see but would never own one even if I could

jayman350

Reaction score

sure you can dump tons of money into any car and get it to be fast....but lets be real here, the engineering that goes into producing a car that can go 250+ mph AND keep it on the road is mind boggling.

No way in hell you can build up a "normal" road car to do everything that the Veyron does. You might be able to get it to go as fast, but what about stopping it? (Have you seen the brakes on that thing?!?) How about the aerodynamics involved with keeping the car from lifting off and putting you into a tree at speed? Are you going to be able to design a diffuser and wing to give you the correct downforce, without sacrificing handling or speed?

Say you can do all of the above. What are the chances that it will still be street legal? Slim....and....none

I'm really not trying to sound like a complete d!ck about this. I am a mechanical engineer with a lot of experience modifying cars and I truly believe that this is one of the greatest feats of automotive engineering that we may ever see.

Its the engineering that went into this that makes it my wet dream car.

OP
T

TreFiDDy

Reaction score
O I'm not bashing it im just saying like I'd rather spend money else where I mean if I were driving a car worth over hundred thousand let alone a couple million dollar car I probably would be scared to drive it on the street.
but anyways it is a cool car to have a radio full interior plus being able to have that much horsepower is pretty crazy
But in my opinion if your going to have a car with that kind of horsepower and torque I should feel like it's meant for what it was built for. thats why I prefer the zonda r (if it was street legal)

OP
T

TreFiDDy

Reaction score

U can get a 911 and increase the psi on the turbos. Get an m3 twin turbo will get u 1200 house power with the right set up. The bugatti is stock like that though.

Still, I don't like it too much. Cool car to see but would never own one even if I could

Btw twins isn't the best idea better to go with a single big turbo. Sort of like the hpf staged turbo upgrades for the e46
And plus the veyron has 16 cylinders and 4 turbos to only get 1000 kind of sad but thats my opinion

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
Ah where do I begin...
McLaren F1 LM
McLaren F1 Gtr
McLaren Mp4-12c
Pagani Zonda R
Pagani Huarya
Ferrari F40
Honda Nsx-R
Honda/Acura Integra Type R DC2
Honda Civic Type R
Honda S2000
Porsche 911 Gt3 RS
Mitsubishi Lancer Evos
Subaru Impreza Sti
Tommy Kaira ZZ-II
Nissan Skyline Gtr (R32& R34)
Nissan GtR
Nissan Silvia/240sx S14& S15
Nissan Fairlady Z
Bmw M3 E30
Mercedes Clk Gtr SS
Mazda Rx7 (FC/FD)
Ariel Atom 500 V8
Ultima Gtr
Toyota Supra
Toyota Corolla AE86
Ciroen C4 Rally car

As you can tell I'm more into Japanese cars but also like european cars aswell, sucks that here in california and the usa in general that we didn't really get the cars I wish we could've had over here, damn regulations and all that. I've been into cars since I was young and got my hands on Gran Turismo, love em so much that I wanna major in mechanical engineering, its gonna take a while but its gonna be worth it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

jayman350

Reaction score
@robotcow if it is what you are passionate about then absolutely go for mech engineering, I won't lie it us a ton of work and your friends in other majors will think you are crazy for all the work that you have to do, but in the end it's all worth it

I've always loved cars and figuring out how they work, how to make it better, etc that's what originally bright me to mechanical engineering. I wish I could work I'm the car industry but I'm not willing to move to Detroit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

alboboy10

Reaction score
Horse power freaks is twin turbo. I'm not a huge fan of veyron either even though it'a impressive

The Robot Cow

Reaction score
@robotcow if it is what you are passionate about then absolutely go for mech engineering, I won't lie it us a ton of work and your friends in other majors will think you are crazy for all the work that you have to do, but in the end it's all worth it

I've always loved cars and figuring out how they work, how to make it better, etc that's what originally bright me to mechanical engineering. I wish I could work I'm the car industry but I'm not willing to move to Detroit.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Definitely, I would love to end up with a f1 or rally team or some race team or tuning company. Not even the sky is the limit. The way I see it is while in college just go for it and dream bigger than you can imagine, who knows where you'll end up, that's what I'm excited about

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums