Favorite battery app?

sierrapup

Reaction score
Just curious what battery app everyone likes - the one I'm using right now doesn't seem very accurate (2X BatterySaver)

Thanks for the input : )

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
For battery saving I use JuiceDefender Ultimate, but that's a holdover from my OG Droid days. I stopped using it back then because it didn't seem to make any difference between using it and not. Lately it's not starting in bootup so I can't say it's the greatest out there. They haven't updated since December. That being said, when it's working, it seems to give me more battery life. YMMV

For battery monitoring I use GSam Battery Monitor, which is recommended by FoxKat. It sits on the Notification Bar and gives the battery in single digits. When you pull the bar down it, you see battery temperature and time until out. Touching that brings up even more info, such as graphs and which app is using the most.

DevilDogMP

Silver Member
Reaction score
Don't use em. Some aren't good for phones, some don't work, some constantly run in the background wasting battery. Don't use em

Sent from my DROID BIONIC

dfcfu342

Reaction score
Another vote for GSam here. It will break down battery use by apps to the tenth of a percent and you can remove those pesky apps that drain your battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums

josh1980

Reaction score
I've used Juice Defender(free version using the default "balanced" profile) and it worked pretty well. Battery life improved by 20-40%. I'm not sure if Juice Defender will be worth anything for ICS since alot of the ICS battery optimizations are identical to Juice Defender.

I watch my battery using the Battery Monitor Widget too. I like the graph so I can monitor usage.