1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Favorite battery app?

Discussion in 'Motorola Droid Bionic' started by sierrapup, Aug 25, 2012.

1. sierrapup

sierrapup New Member

Just curious what battery app everyone likes - the one I'm using right now doesn't seem very accurate (2X BatterySaver)

Thanks for the input : )
  2. aaf709

aaf709 Nice Guy Premium Member

For battery saving I use JuiceDefender Ultimate, but that's a holdover from my OG Droid days. I stopped using it back then because it didn't seem to make any difference between using it and not. Lately it's not starting in bootup so I can't say it's the greatest out there. They haven't updated since December. That being said, when it's working, it seems to give me more battery life. YMMV

For battery monitoring I use GSam Battery Monitor, which is recommended by FoxKat. It sits on the Notification Bar and gives the battery in single digits. When you pull the bar down it, you see battery temperature and time until out. Touching that brings up even more info, such as graphs and which app is using the most.
  3. DevilDogMP

DevilDogMP New Member

Don't use em. Some aren't good for phones, some don't work, some constantly run in the background wasting battery. Don't use em

Sent from my DROID BIONIC
  4. dfcfu342

dfcfu342 New Member

Another vote for GSam here. It will break down battery use by apps to the tenth of a percent and you can remove those pesky apps that drain your battery.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Droid Forums
  5. deckerbm

deckerbm New Member

GSam for me, too. Love that app.
  6. sierrapup

sierrapup New Member

Thanks!
  7. deduct

deduct New Member

I like battery monitor widget.
  8. josh1980

josh1980 New Member

I've used Juice Defender(free version using the default "balanced" profile) and it worked pretty well. Battery life improved by 20-40%. I'm not sure if Juice Defender will be worth anything for ICS since alot of the ICS battery optimizations are identical to Juice Defender.

I watch my battery using the Battery Monitor Widget too. I like the graph so I can monitor usage.
Search tags for this page
gsam battery monitor vs. juice defender
gsam battery monitor with juice defender
gsam vs juice defender

juice defender app vs gsam

juice defender vs battery defender
juice defender vs gsam
juicedefender vs gsam