Father to a Droid 2 and new to the site!!!

bdizz07

Reaction score
So recently exchanged mt LG Ally back after the 2.1 software was causing issues nand what not for my VZW ugraded phone so 3 days later i asked if they had any Droid 2's. Paid like $200 extra for it and never looked back on it. Had it for bout 5 days now.

Got a hard rubber case and screen protectors for it. And the apps or downloaded stuff i have are....

>Adobe Flash 10.1
>Advandced Task Killer
>Air Horn
>AndroNotes
>Barcode Scanner
>Ringdroid
>Coupons
>Fbook
>My Verizon
>Paper Toss
>ScoreCenter
>Shopper
>The Weather Channel

Phone is running like a champ and i tried the whole USB thing for the ringtones and got confused so i used ringdroid and it works awsome.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
:welcome:

glad to see you like your new phone :)

Dejuanxg

Reaction score
It should have came wroth google goggles which scans bar codes you you could get rid of the barcode scanner if you wanted to.

mtz_gto

Reaction score
Welcome to the Android World! :)

If you have any questions there are a ton of people willing to help!
Read up on the rules and check out the search button before you
ask a question. A lot of us have gone through your problem before
you have ;)

Further more,
You should delete/uninstall the Task Killer, It does more harm than good.
The Android Operating System has a built in task killer and having
a 3rd party one creates conflict draining your battery.
This has been brought fourth from Google developers themselves.
There is a thread with a video around here somewhere that will tell you
all about it.

When my gf is sleepin I use the airhorn to wake her up lol! I turn the media
volume up by going into the dial screen without making any noise first... lol :)

HAVE FUN! :)

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
:welcome: I am glad someone else has explained the negative effects of a Task Killer on the system of your device, as most here would agree, you should uninstall it :)

OP
bdizz07

bdizz07

Reaction score
thanks guys, i just uninstalled the task killer. My day is a 630-330 then phone stays off charger till bout 11-12 and im down to bout 20% battery at this point with calls and txting so its decent but yah.

Also i made a thread bout the USB MOUNT on these phones. When i connect my droid 2 i dont get an option to MOUNT it i get 4 other options. PC ONLY, WINDOWS MOBILE SYNC, USB MASS STORAGE, and CHARGE ONLY.

OP
bdizz07

bdizz07

Reaction score
Thanks parker, nice to know all the forum layouts are the same to, just like the many car forums im on so i know how it works.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is by far the best online community I have ever been a part of, everyone is very knowledgable and helpful :D

OP
bdizz07

bdizz07

Reaction score
Cool im a pretty chill dude never argue or anything and just basically say dont do it if i think its bad or what not. Just help and learn like my car forum.

But on topic, i deff love the droid 2, my buddy got the HTC EVO from sprint and even tho it has a kickstand and larger screen i still think the Droids are better phones and VZW has the best service IMO.

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
We have them all here, Moto, HTC, Samsung, personally I choose Motorola but the EVO is a nice device, if your buddy isn't on the forum yet you should let him know :)

OP
bdizz07

bdizz07

Reaction score
Yah the Droid's looks sturdier the others and VZW offers all the droids to. And hes not a big computer guy especially phone forums, but i can let him know see if hell come on.