Fat Finger Keyboard?

mikeman

Reaction score
Ok so I am pretty certain I saw something in one of the texts that basically was a keyboard with larger keys for the more popularly used letters of the alphabet and smaller keys for the lesser used letters.

Does anyone recall the name of this application or have any insight as to its effectiveness? I constantly hit the 'w' key instead of the 'e' key etc. and want an easier way to avoid this.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Ok so I am pretty certain I saw something in one of the texts that basically was a keyboard with larger keys for the more popularly used letters of the alphabet and smaller keys for the lesser used letters.

Does anyone recall the name of this application or have any insight as to its effectiveness? I constantly hit the 'w' key instead of the 'e' key etc. and want an easier way to avoid this.

Thanks.

I think you are thinking about Thick Buttons

OP
M

mikeman

Reaction score

Thanks.

You are correct, sir. Thanks. Have you played with this app at all?

sv7007

Reaction score
i tried thick buttons and it didnt work at all for me

behemmer

Reaction score
There is also a Big Buttons app. I've tried it and its OK, but doesn't yet have auto-complete or suggestion features, so I rarely use it. However, it may be helpful to you.

Reaction score

Thanks.

You are correct, sir. Thanks. Have you played with this app at all?

Reason why I didnt give my opinion when it comes to keyboards, you just have to try it out yourself.

For me I use Swype on profile, and Touch Input for landscape. I tried Thickbuttons and was getting a glitch whenever it went into landscape.

Best thing is just try out and see what you like :)

OP
M

mikeman

Reaction score
Yea, while thick keyboard was the app I was looking for and worked when it worked.. I kept having to force close the app. I uninstalled it now.

Swype is only for rooted phones, correct?

meannathan

Reaction score
That's weird thick buttons never gave me any force closes on my droid

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Yea, while thick keyboard was the app I was looking for and worked when it worked.. I kept having to force close the app. I uninstalled it now.

Swype is only for rooted phones, correct?

Swype works for all phones but you do have to check/uncheck a box in settings to allow untrusted sources for apps, because it isn't available on the market.

mpenda

Reaction score
You can also try "SlideIt" Lite, it works similar to Swype, and is in the Marketplace. Swype you can now only get via beta and I think they shut off new applicants (don't quote me on this).
In landscape mode, the SlideIt keys are good sized and far apart.
The swype method becomes very addicting, I don't think I'd go without it anymore.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can also try "SlideIt" Lite, it works similar to Swype, and is in the Marketplace. Swype you can now only get via beta and I think they shut off new applicants (don't quote me on this).
In landscape mode, the SlideIt keys are good sized and far apart.
The swype method becomes very addicting, I don't think I'd go without it anymore.

I can't keep Swype running so I just installed SlideIt Lite and it is working fine. If it keeps working I'll be happy. I remember someone else posting about slideit but this post got me to the market. Thanks for the reference!

One of the threads here contains the Swype beta apk install file.

mpenda

Reaction score
I've been having problems with Swype for the last week myself. It seems to get bogged down...then won't respond...and when that happens, you can't even switch to another keyboard as they all get hung up. So I've been using SlideIt. Swype is the better (IMHO) keyboard....when they get it to work properly.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
yes, when it works. When it doesn't you don't save any time at all. If they want 5 bucks from me they can send me the leaked version and have it not
t expire. I had no issues with that version at all.