1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Fastest Twitter app

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by littlej, Apr 12, 2010.

1. littlej

littlej New Member

I have Twidroid right now. It's decent, but I was wondering if there's anything out there that checks more frequently for new Tweets. Twidroid goes as low as every 2 minutes, but often I will get alerts long after that...I just got alerted to one that was posted 9 minutes ago for example. Anyone know of one that reacts faster?
  2. stereoblind

stereoblind New Member

I have literally tried every single (at least half-decent) twitter application on the market and have never found one that alerts me on time.
    Sometimes 2 minutes off, sometimes 5, sometimes 30.
    No matter the settings.
    But if you want a really well developed twitter application,
    use Seesmic. It is the best (imo) on the market.
  3. littlej

littlej New Member

Thanks. Your experience in the issue is exactly what I was looking for. Agreed on Seesmic, I've tried that one also. Only reason I have Twidroid activated right now over Seesmic is that it (supposedly) has a shorter check interval.
  4. stereoblind

stereoblind New Member

the only one that I have used so far that alerts me relatively on time is twicca. But I keep running back to Seesmic :p
  5. GolfProRM

GolfProRM New Member

Touiteur allows for an interval of 1 minute. I've never run into any issues with it not giving me a notification. I'm not sure if the free version allows for 1 minute or not, but I know Touiteur Premium does.
  6. LuN3yDaV3

LuN3yDaV3 New Member

Tweetcaster goes to 30 seconds and you can refresh by shaking the phone. I use that one for the widget. I just installed Twicca and it looks A LOT nicer. The widget doesn't show new tweets though, just ability to add. Hopefully they will add a smoked glass widget like the way the app itself has.
  7. DIRTYDOGG

DIRTYDOGG New Member

I have used several over the last week and found Seesmic to be the one I like :)
Search tags for this page

fastest twitter app for android

fastest twitter apps android