Fastest + Most Stable ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by ab41681114, Jul 13, 2010.

1. ab41681114

ab41681114 New Member

What's the fastest most stable ROM out there, as of today, Tuesday, July 13th.

Is verizon's official release the best ROM?

If not, please link me.. I was considering Bugless Beast 4.0, if their's something better, badder and newer link me up please?

Thanks guys.
  2. gatewayad

gatewayad New Member

I would try SS 4.4
    I find it the best i have had to date. Fast and smooth plus I'm running the black glass 2.2 theme and launcher pro, its the perfect combination
  3. marcogiudice

marcogiudice New Member

try ultimate droids extreme 3.0 its really stable and fast like no other
  4. DroidJ

DroidJ New Member

i recommend simply stunning 4.4 with a nice theme for it :)
  5. ab41681114

ab41681114 New Member

Does ss 4.4 have the froyo app tray and the new looking grid thing? You know what I mean, the basic gui? And what is the boot animation?
  6. pepsi149

pepsi149 New Member

simple rom 1.0...small.... light ....fast
  7. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

There's virtually no difference in speed and they are all stable now. Try Bugless, Chevy's SS, Sapphire, CM6, Jrummy, etc., etc. They are all excellent.

I have tested Bugless, Chevy's, Sapphire, UD with the same kernels and there was no difference, on my droid, in the speed as measured by Linpack, Quadrant and Setcpu Short.

My advice is the find a theme you like and then load a rom that supports that theme.
  8. krinklebein

krinklebein New Member

This is it

CVPCS-Sapphire is far and above the best rom out there as of now. It is the most complete, well built, entertaining and interesting rom to date.
    It came to life at a time when android was already developing exponentually, and others had a huge head start on them. They completely built their own rom from source from the ground up. Such as cynogen is well known for. To introduce new,useful and unique features and incorporate many of the friendly favorites of the other roms is nothing short of amazing. The support, information and attention they give to their ROM and growing user base is also top notch. They popped up at a crazy time when froyo was just leaked, and have been gaining momentum ever since. If things continue to develope for them as they are now, it will be a short time till they are on top. Do yourself a big favor and try out Sapphire, it truely is a gem. As for themes, there are quite a few already. Wait till all themers give sapphire a shot, they will want to theme that ROM
  9. krinklebein

krinklebein New Member

I have had my droid since dec. '09 and been Romming ever since.
    I flash them all and give em a look and feel.
    like cynogen mod alot, loved and used buggless beast forever, have both of those newest roms on backup incase i need a change, but i just cant get away from team sapphire and have not had one reason since i first flashed any of there roms. that being 0.8.4
  10. velocity92c

velocity92c New Member

Not true on there not being speed differences between Froyo roms. My QS score is leaps and bounds better on BB than CM, SS and others. I'm talking 500+ points better, and with the same kernels and cpu speed. BB is the fastest, though I have not tried Sapphire, but am going to flash it now after reading this thread.
  11. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad Rescue Squad

You had some bad installs then. On my Droid all of those roms scored the same on quadrant, setup short, setup long and linpack using the same kernel and only the Rom makers native theme.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
  12. Codiusprie

Codiusprie New Member

Hardly.

Just try different ROMS and pick one that you like. There isn't going to be a huge difference in speed between all of the quality ROMS people have listed here already. I've tried all the big ones and right now am running BB .4 and couldn't be happier. It really just depends on what options you find important. As far as Sapphire goes, I have loaded it up on numerous occasions and have always had to wipe and load a backup because of the force closes. I know my experience isn't typical but still, leaves a bitter taste in my mouth.
  13. mrdroid

mrdroid New Member

I've tried every ROM on 4 different Droids (on a regular basis) and Sapphire is by far the fastest. It's really the only ROM that is any different in terms of feel and overall speed of applications opening and scrolling.
  14. nwilkins15

nwilkins15 New Member

Onix Froyo 2.0

Onix froyoz 2.0 is the fastest and most stable rom available. I've been using it since it was released. Tried CM6 and BB 0.4 and this rom is just as stable, and much faster and smoother, even at stock speeds.
  15. jntdroid

jntdroid DF Super Moderator Premium Member

There's a particular ROM that I've found to be incredibly stable and fast, but I don't remember the name exactly... I think it rhymed with rock... or dock... oh yeah, STOCK. It runs flawless for me, and with a little OC, super fast. :p

My other personal favs are SS 4.4 and Sapphire 0.8.4, but this is such an incredibly subjective topic because everybody's phone handles things a little different.
  16. Jmart922

Jmart922 New Member

Every phone handles roms, kernals, what have you differently, my suggestion would be to try them and see which one works best for you. I've tried the latest iterations of CM, BB, Sapphire, and SS...and to be honest CM6 RC1 still has few kinks to work out, but once its polished it may be the rom to beat, BB is a great rom, but personally I likes Chevy's a bit more minus the all blue theme it comes with, but you can theme over it, Sapphire 8.4 is a very solid rom, offering an enhanced experience of the stock android os, only thing that didn't work that maybe I needed to wipe and reinstall to probably fix was the Google voice when using speech to text, currently using jrummys kangerade 509 with the Droid x theme along with p3s 1.2 ghz kernal, and sticking with it for now
  17. metiCkOne

metiCkOne Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Portland, OR/Boston, MA <-- Born N' Raised
    Agreed, I'm really happy with stock too.. I'm even using the stock kernel at 800mhz to see how my battery does.
  18. dlwhtrose

dlwhtrose DF Super Moderator Rescue Squad Premium Member

God forsaken desert, wishing to be back in Dixie
    I have run Team Chaos, Jrummy and CM all with a 1.2 lv kernel and am currently on Sapphire with P3 1.2lv kernel and cannot believe the difference. My droid is running quick and smooth. Best quadrant score today (in the 1500's). On top of that I am not having any heat issues from the kernel (which I did on Jrummy). So my suggestion is Sapphire with the custom P3 Kernel, you wont regret it.
  19. durrell

durrell New Member

I've tried CM, BB, and Kangerade and have found Kangerade to be the most stable and best looking to me. It's all about what you want, though. :)
  20. battle

battle New Member

BuglessBeast v0.4 - it has no problems whatsoever, and is very stable.

I would recommend, however, using ChevyNo1's ultra low voltage kernels as they do make a huge difference with battery life.
Search tags for this page
android rom with stable bluetooth with car up to date
best thunderbolt rom
droid 3 roms fast stable
fast customizable stable best roms for verizon
fastest rom for droid x2

fastest thunderbolt rom

most stable 4.4 rom
most stable ics rom for milstone x2
most stable milstone x2 rom
stable droid x2 roms
stable lite droid x2 rom