Fastest/Easiest Way to Root D-X 2.2.1?

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Can some one please guide me through the process of rooting my Droid-X? I've ran across a few things online, but nothing really going in depth about the 2.2.1 build. Thank you.

My D-X is not rooted, It had 2.1 on it until it "made" me update to 2.2.1.
But 2.2.1 is running smoothly on it, no more usb issues with PdaNet thank god. I just wanted to get the most out of my phone, and allot of people told me to Root it. I know the risks, that's why I'm asking you guys. lol.

Thanks again.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1 or PM me your email And I can send it to you.

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
I got z4root.apk of of 4share, installed it, Im running it now, but it stuck on the "loading" wheel. How long does it take?

got the 1.3.0 version of z4root btw.

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Hmm, actually never mind, I got it to work after a reboot of my phone, thanks for all your help. You rock =D

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Was JUST getting ready to chime in and tell you to reboot! Haha! Glad you got it going! Welcome to the dark side! :dancedroid:

Hmm, actually never mind, I got it to work after a reboot of my phone, thanks for all your help. You rock =D

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Already got Adfree running, I'm loving this. Any other recommended root-only apps or features I should know about?

maderschramm

Reaction score
MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE PROCEEDING!!! IF YOU REMOVE SOMETHING YOU'LL WANT TO HAVE A BACKUP TO RETURN TO

you'll need koush's bootstrapper (root app)

please see the link in my sig for instructions

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
+1000!!! Trust us, backups can save your life!!!
After that, I'd say Cache Mate, Titanium Backup Pro to freeze bloatware (do NOT uninstall bloat), Jrummy's OC app, Wireless Tether (latest version here http://code.google.com/p/android-wifi-tether/downloads/list), Root Explorer...I'm sure I'll think of a few more in a bit.

MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR PHONE BEFORE PROCEEDING!!! IF YOU REMOVE SOMETHING YOU'LL WANT TO HAVE A BACKUP TO RETURN TO

you'll need koush's bootstrapper (root app)

please see the link in my sig for instructions

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
A

Arsenicpop

Reaction score
Yea I got Wireless Tether a few hours ago, and got it to work with xbox live right away w/o messing with my ip settings on my xbox/pc like I had to with PdaNet. I have the full version of PdaNet, but its still not a waste, ill use it with my desktop bc it does not have a wireless card. Droid does wonders on online games.

ClassickWorld

Reaction score
I have a DX on 2.2.1... I used z4root and got superuser. I can use certain apps like Titanium backup, adfree, and Bootstrap. But Overclocker, Wireless Tether, Barnacle, even terminal emulator says I'm not rooted. I'm even on a Custom Rumm ROM. How is this even possible?