Faster charge on 4G

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TheAlpha

Hey everyone. I was wondering if the DROID RAZR would charge faster on 4G than if it was charging on 3G; because I've read that somewhere. Thx in advance :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was wondering if the DROID RAZR would charge faster on 4G than if it was charging on 3G; because I've read that somewhere. Thx in advance :)

Well, it might, but I don't know how the radio/frequency has anything to do with the charging circuitry. Plus, 4g requires more battery power to run than 3g, so if you have your radios on it would seem to me that it would take longer to charge in 4g than 3g.

OP
T

TheAlpha

Well, it might, but I don't know how the radio/frequency has anything to do with the charging circuitry. Plus, 4g requires more battery power to run than 3g, so if you have your radios on it would seem to me that it would take longer to charge in 4g than 3g.

That's what I thought too

MrTommy

Reaction score
I find that my Maxx recharges faster when plugged into a 12 volt plug than it does with the AC charger. Anyone else notice this? My original Moto Droid I was the same way.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
I find that my Maxx recharges faster when plugged into a 12 volt plug than it does with the AC charger. Anyone else notice this? My original Moto Droid I was the same way.

The car adapters often put out higher current than the wall chargers so the phone will charge faster.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dzone67

Reaction score
I have noticed my phone charges faster while on wifi.

Sent from a Rezound!

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I find my phone charges faster when on caffeine. :blink:

dzone67

Reaction score
Not to surprising, my phone charges almost instantly when plugged into the Millennium Falcon. Haha.

Sent from a Rezound!

Zandar

Reaction score
Wifi uses less power than 3G which uses less power than 4G. Plan accordingly.

Also, mine charges faster on an event horizon.

Sliced from my RAZR

scottysize

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone XS Max
My phone charges faster...

No.. It doesn't. It charges the same.

No Wait. My phone charges faster Infinity!

Trash Can

Reaction score

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
I'm sure the OP was honest with the question, but logistically it makes absolutely no sense. It goes completely against basic electrical engineering. The battery will charge as fast as it can draw current, up to the maximum rate it can safely absorb. It will compete for the output of the charger with any current draw by the phone. The higher the current the phone draws, the less available for the battery to absorb. Since we all know 4G is a power hog, it's completely unrealistic to believe that having 4G on can do anything but slow down charging. What it can do is fool the charger into thinking the battery is charged long before it is, so that may be the impetus for the post.

The fastest possible charge is when charging with the phone powered down, whether it be with Wall charger or a car adapter.

As for the double/triple posts, that is a no-no. Thanks Trash Can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.