1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Faster Animations & Transitions (Rooted Only)

Discussion in 'Android Hacks and Help' started by BayouFlyFisher, Feb 8, 2010.

1. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I got this tip from another thread and I can’t find it again, even after vigorous searching. I would like to give credit to that poster, but I can’t find him. So, whoever you are, thank you!

If you have the app Spare Parts, you can set the Windows Animations and Transition Animations speeds to any of the following: Very Slow, Slow, Normal, Fast, Off. When I first installed Spare Parts, mine were both set to normal. I bumped them up to Fast. Both of these actions were noticeably faster (as you would expect). I think this is a very good tip especially for anyone that is overclocked. I don’t really know how it would impact a phone at 550mhz, because I never tried it at that speed. But I’m running BB7.4 at 950 and it makes the screen changes snappier.

I was also wondering about the earlier threads where people had overclocked but did not feel there was much difference in perceived speed. Could their setting for these values have been set to something below “normal”. Just a thought.
  2. Corinacakes

Corinacakes Super Moderator Theme Developer

thanks! I just got it...wow at all the options!
  3. metalmenance

metalmenance New Member

market says for 1.5/1.6?
    anyone use on 2.0?
  4. BayouFlyFisher

BayouFlyFisher Rescue Squad

I'm running it on my Droid. There are a few of the options that say they are far 1.5 only and such. I just ignore those options and have not tried to use them.
  5. C3-PO

C3-PO Member

I'm not rooted and spare parts worked fine for me. Good tip though.
  6. kaboyd

kaboyd New Member

Good post man. Good find...
  7. Bear in NM

Bear in NM Active Member

Good catch about the settings. I am only using the stock settings control, and did notice some difference in the only one we can control, animations (none, some, or all). I have always left mine on all, and do seem to see slightly better performance while oc'd.

Craig
Search tags for this page

faster animations & transitions (rooted only)