Fastboot Flash Failure: Battery Low, Cannot Program...please help!!!

Asphyxia666

Reaction score
I have been using Th3ory Rom R3BLURR3D 2.0 until this morning. I tried to use the FXZ fastboot method to revert the phone back to stock. Everything worked as it supposed to. Later on i added forever root hack and then i tried to go back to R3BLURR3D 2.0. Thats when something happened and now i am stuck at the Fastboot recovery screen where i see the following messages:
Flash Failure
Battery low
Cannot program...etc
I have had my phone plugged into the wall since then and its been about an hour but still no difference. What can i do at this point? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HI_Bio_Commando

Reaction score
You need a second battery. I would actually suggest getting the battery along with the battery charger from VZ

From my BIONIC COMMANDO using Droid Forum app

OP
A

Asphyxia666

Reaction score
Thanks for the fast reply but do you think a new battery will resolve the issue for sure? No offense but i don't want to go spend the money and then having the same result.

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Just pull the battery put it back in and plug it into the wall charger, NOT the USB. It will charge ... Give it 20-30 minutes. Unplug it, plug the battery, put it in ap fastboot and plug in the USB.

:)

I flash and break stuff at 5% all the time. Always works.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
A

Asphyxia666

Reaction score
Unfortunately i don't have a wall charger :( i guess i need to go buy one...Thanks Th3ory! BTW LOVE your ROM!!!

Nyteravyn

Reaction score
Unfortunately i don't have a wall charger :( i guess i need to go buy one...Thanks Th3ory! BTW LOVE your ROM!!!

the phone was supposed to come with a wall charger I would take it back something is wrong, perhaps you got an old unit

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

th3absurdhero

Reaction score
Same thing happen to me a few day ago when i bricked my phone so i went ahead and got an extended battery from verizon. It only had 20% charge but it was enough to let me fast boot, regardless you'll need a new battery with a decent charge because the system will not let you charge if your phone is bricked.

DroidTh3ory

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.th3oryrom.com
Same thing happen to me a few day ago when i bricked my phone so i went ahead and got an extended battery from verizon. It only had 20% charge but it was enough to let me fast boot, regardless you'll need a new battery with a decent charge because the system will not let you charge if your phone is bricked.

It will charge.. slowly as long as it is on a AC charger. I do it everyday.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

zedomax

Reaction score
Here's how to power-up your phone and charge it, took me all day to figure this out!

[video=youtube;dujvqJH6EN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dujvqJH6EN4[/video]

THE_LORD

Reaction score
Your battery will not charge in fast boot mode. It's needs a operating system for it to charge. Trust me I tried. You need a battery only charger. I got mine from Verizon and it came with a extra battery.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

voodoodaddy

Reaction score
I had this happen too. The battery is shot, you need a new one. I dont care how long you leave it on the charger its not going to charge. I left it on the charger for 12hrs and still wouldnt work. Thankfully my phone was just a few days old. Took to Verizon and they swapped out that battery for a new one. Guess what, new one (which was already charged) worked.

THE_LORD

Reaction score
He is right, don't leave your phone plugged in without a operating system on it to charge your battery. You are going to damage the battery more then help it.

Sent from my XT875 using DroidForums

mr4r4n

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
its not shot, strip a usb wire and put it on the terminals. i did it charged it in 20-30 mins and fixed phone

striker85

Reaction score
its not shot, strip a usb wire and put it on the terminals. i did it charged it in 20-30 mins and fixed phone

Exactly. I actually took two paper clips and stuck them in the battery terminals then hooked a car battery charger to the respective terminals. It works but just check to make sure the contacts on the battery aren't too bent when you put it back in the phone or they wont make contact and you'll think the battery is still dead....ask me how I know. Trust me, you can revive it.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums