Fastboot files....interesting results

Reaction score
So, I have flashed so many roms on my OG and DX over the last 2+ years and I have had to flash the sbf files many times. One thing I always new was that I needed to backup my apps prior to flashing the sbf because my phone was going to be back in "out of the box" condition.

So today when I decided to go ahead and flash the fastboot file for my RAZE, I did the same thing. Funny thing is, when my phone turned back on it was not out of the box condition. I didn't have to reactivate or sign in and all of my apps were there and my screens were all configured the way I had them. But I was back to version 744 and unrooted.

So apparently, the fastboot files will take you back to stock but does not erase your data. Good to know for future reference!

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using DroidForums

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, I have flashed so many roms on my OG and DX over the last 2+ years and I have had to flash the sbf files many times. One thing I always new was that I needed to backup my apps prior to flashing the sbf because my phone was going to be back in "out of the box" condition.

So today when I decided to go ahead and flash the fastboot file for my RAZE, I did the same thing. Funny thing is, when my phone turned back on it was not out of the box condition. I didn't have to reactivate or sign in and all of my apps were there and my screens were all configured the way I had them. But I was back to version 744 and unrooted.

So apparently, the fastboot files will take you back to stock but does not erase your data. Good to know for future reference!

Very helpful information indeed!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

no... it's the same thing... i've had this happen on my x...
but because of this reason... you usually bootloop... that's why you always wipe data/factory reset in recovery after a sbf...
and the reason it didn't reset your radio causing you to activate it... my guess is that not all sbf files will rewrite that...
when using 1kds linux method for the x... it doesn't touch the radio file causing the same thing...

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
no... it's the same thing... i've had this happen on my x...
but because of this reason... you usually bootloop... that's why you always wipe data/factory reset in recovery after a sbf...
and the reason it didn't reset your radio causing you to activate it... my guess is that not all sbf files will rewrite that...
when using 1kds linux method for the x... it doesn't touch the radio file causing the same thing...

See that is interesting because I have flashed the sbf files for my X and OG a hundred times and NEVER wiped data or anything. The sbf always took me back to out of the box condition.

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
See that is interesting because I have flashed the sbf files for my X and OG a hundred times and NEVER wiped data or anything. The sbf always took me back to out of the box condition.

That is interesting... Because the sbf file I believe shouldn't touch /data

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

OP
Jungle King 76
Reaction score
That is interesting... Because the sbf file I believe shouldn't touch /data

We have nothing to fear but running out if beer

You may be correct now that I really think about it. Usually when I had to flash the sbf files on the X it was because I was switching to or from 2nd init roms and I probably did wipe everything.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf'ing on the X without a data wipe will cause bootloops. But if you get past them, your data will still be there. You will have a ton of force closes and your phone will be unstable though.

I've sbf'd a ton.

X