Fast way to make your keyboard bubble out?

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Anyone have any ideas to make the keys bubble out? Is it the heat or the moisture from skin oils that causes it?

I believe all droid keyboards start out flat and bubble out with use. My droid has a flat keyboard, but after a month of playing SNESoid (the only thing I use the physical keyboard for), the keys I used for it have bubbled out nicely. I have a guy's old droid who sent thousands of text messages per month on his physical keyboard and every one of his keys is bubbled and is much easier to type on.

I would definitely use the physical keyboard more if it was bubbled out. I have had my droid for about a year, and only those 4 keys that I set as my SNES keys (not counting the shoulder buttons, for which I use focus and vol up) have bubbled. I know the obvious answer is to just start using it more, and I will try to, but anyone have any shortcuts? Maybe a hair dryer plus very light water spritzing? lol

666ogre666

Reaction score
My keyboard was bubbled from the beginning, the screen is also very slightly different when compared to a droid with flat keys

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
AFAIK the keys do not bubble out. The older Droids had flat keyboards. Newer ones came with bubbled keys. There is a thread somewhere showing pics of the two different keyboards.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, with heavy use the adhesive that holds the "keyboard" down tends to loosen up, and the keys start to "bubble" - however, once that happens, they entire keyboard itself can start to come loose.

OP
raidzero

raidzero

n00b.
Premium Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
They do bubble out. I am responsible for about 15 droids, we got them all the same time, the users who use them heavily have bubbled keys. Others do not, and then there is mine which has only a few of the keys bubbled out, from my gaming :)