Fast reboot

Discussion in 'Samsung Droid Charge' started by telety56, Jun 3, 2012.

1. telety56

telety56 New Member

I recently put fast reboot pro from the market on my pro. I'm really not sure which apps to exclude from the reboot. I looked around and didn't find any posts about this. Thanx in advance for any help.
  2. telety56

telety56 New Member

On my charge. Sorry for the typo.
  3. JBrewer

JBrewer New Member

Hey tel. The idea of excluding apps is keeping the ones you still want to have running in the background not killed. If you're asking which ones to exclude there's probably none you care to have excluded ;) Off the top of my head I could see someone to not want certain syncing disrupted or maybe the launcher.

To be honest, I've never used the app and don't know I would. I reboot my phone every other day or so just to keep it clean and running well. It takes a matter of a minute, so I'm not worried about a "fast" reboot. Also, if you're needing to do a reboot more than once a day, you have something going on. Just my .02 :)

Sent from my SCH-I510
  4. telety56

telety56 New Member

Thanx for the reply. I understand how the app works and it probably is not needed. The issue I am having is the phone just seems to lag. Mainly returning to home screens. I've found that using the home button instead of the back arrow to get back seems to help. And after a power cycle in the morning it seems to be ok for awhile. I use the phone alot as a in my dish network app, fb app, gps app and slacker radio app.Don't really use it as a talking phone that much at all. I had heard about the fast reboot app on the forum (I think) and thought it would be a good way to start/restart applications without waiting on the whole restart process. I would like to find a way to keep the phone snappy and responsive all the time. The way it is after a power cycle battery out/in restart. Thank you again for the reply.
  5. JBrewer

JBrewer New Member

Hey tel. Its a lot could be what you have on your phone. Some apps are resource hogs and can really lag the phone down. You may want to change how you use your phone/eliminate apps.

Tbh, rooting your phone allows you to use the tools to "fix" this. Namely changing the minfrees and the ability to lock the launcher into memory. There's some other tools but those alone have always kept my phone running smooth. You'll also have the option of running a custom rom which will improve performance (not to mention get rid of that awful orange and brown lol)

Take a look here to get an idea of what's involved: http://www.chargeforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=8357
    Feel free to post any questions over there too (sister site of this one); there's more traffic for the charge there with a solid staff willing to help and answer any questions.

Sent from my SCH-I510
Search tags for this page
fast phone restart boot app

fast reboot

fast reboot android

fast reboot pro for samsung galaxy
fast reboot pro for samsung s3
fast reboot pro is safe to use
fastreboot
gow to fast reboot droid charge
how to fast reboot my phone
how to use fast reboot