Fast new android phones?

scott craft

Reaction score
I went to my Verizon store yesterday with some questions about my plan. While I was there, I played with the Incredible, Droid X and Droid 2. My droid 1 was faster loading web pages than all three. While I am glad my phone is as fast or faster than the new phones, it makes me wonder if there will be new phones out in the next year that will be faster than a rooted droid 1. I didn't try running several things at once and switch apps, but I'm sure the phones with more ram can do those things better. Opinions?

[ L ]

Reaction score
Yes, if you go to the home page on this site at the blog feed, there is a new phone coming to verizon that will be UNDERCLOCKED to 1.2GHZ at the stock speed. I bet they're going to be at a Max of about 1.8GHZ. Also,a phone that I would get if I had a warranty replacement would probably be the Dinc because of sense. Until then, I will be rocking my droid.

Sent from my REVOlutionized LithiumDroid with Slayher's 1.0 GHz LV kernel

SwiftLegend

Reaction score
Yes, if you go to the home page on this site at the blog feed, there is a new phone coming to verizon that will be UNDERCLOCKED to 1.2GHZ at the stock speed. I bet they're going to be at a Max of about 1.8GHZ. Also,a phone that I would get if I had a warranty replacement would probably be the Dinc because of sense. Until then, I will be rocking my droid.

Sent from my REVOlutionized LithiumDroid with Slayher's 1.0 GHz LV kernel
As much as I want the X, I think I may wait for some more phones to come out before I make my decision. I really looking forward to the Dinc HD. Front facing camera, 4.3" screen, and probably a nice 1.2 GHz. and Sense?! (official specs arent out yet). I can't wait! Rumored to come out in Q4, which is what? October-December? Not too far:)

maxnicks

Reaction score
I've seen the same thing playing with a friend's Droid 2 and another's Droid X. My D1 was every bit as fast (if not faster) than both. The keyboard on the D 2 is pretty awesome, course as I get more comfortable with Swype, the keyboard doesn't really matter much. I'll wait until the Q1 or Q2 2011 phones come out before upgrading.

orangepeel

Reaction score
. My droid 1 was faster loading web pages than all three.

The reason your phone loaded the pages faster was probably because it was cached in your temporary internet files.

Don't get me wrong though,I'm with ya on the Droid 1 being fast when rooted,and I'm also not that impressed with the newer phones.

OP
S

scott craft

Reaction score
. My droid 1 was faster loading web pages than all three.

The reason your phone loaded the pages faster was probably because it was cached in your temporary internet files.

Don't get me wrong though,I'm with ya on the Droid 1 being fast when rooted,and I'm also not that impressed with the newer phones.

I thought about that, so I did try some new pages. A guy I work with has an evo that is pretty snappy, but i can't test the internet since sprint doesn't have 3g where I'm at. I won't be upgrading til next summer at the earliest, so I'm sure there will be some awesome phones out by then.

Jmart922

Reaction score
I've tested my gfs incredible vs my rooted Droid running at 1ghz and my phone for the most part beats it out when loading web pages or opening up apps, however flash videos tend to run a bit more consistent then my droids. And the sense ui is nice but I have launcher pro plus and my Widgets animation is smoother then her incredible every time, whether sliding screens or using leap for individual screens, but no next phone for me until that front facing sweet phone comes out from HTC, I hope they up the resolution on that baby