Fast Learning Newbie

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions & Site Assistance' started by TheIronMonkey, Nov 22, 2010.

1. TheIronMonkey

TheIronMonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone, I'm 31 years old in CA. I used to get into the old Nextel iDEN phones and was adding my own custom ringtones. In 2002 it was cutting edge to have JaRule or Jay-Z for a ringtone.

That's where it stopped. Now I have a DroidX and have to learn everything from the beginning. I'm too busy to cruise the forums and really figure it out for myself. Although I did already root my phone using z4root, I sort of understand why I did it and not sp sure where to go from here. I guess I need ROM loaders then ROMs.

But before I get there I want to back up my data and do a factory reset and start from the beginning. Start fresh.

So I guess my question is...what are the best apps to backup? Root? and load ROMs?

I guess that's more than one question...any and all help is much appreciated.

2. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +455
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
  3. spaz33g

spaz33g Rescue Squad
    Rescue Squad

Ratings:
    +0
    welcome to the forums. fbm posted a good link, start there and ask any questions you have about it in the dx hacks section. have fun.

4. TheIronMonkey

TheIronMonkey New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    And away we go! Thanks guys :beer2: