Fascinate updated to 2.2.2

angrymexican

Reaction score
Looks like my wifes fascinate was updated to 2.2.2 version ed05.... Did anyone else get it? and I had to reroot her
Phone too but it was no problem with 1click
Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

mjkitzman

Reaction score
The upgrade was posted Friday to fix "known issues." It hasn't fixed any of the problems I am having--missed calls, frozen screen. Anyone having any luck with it?

Last edited:

eagle7911

Reaction score
Fascinate updated to 2.2.2 - now very sluggish

My Fascinate updated to 2.2.2 on Saturday, 8-6-11.

Since then, it becomes very sluggish after about 6 hours on. CPU runs between 80-100% continuously. Takes about five seconds for a call to disconnect after pressing 'End'. Likewise, it takes about five seconds to answer it!

Only a battery pull resolves it...for about six hours.

I hate fixes that break things!

Verizon
Samsung Fascinate
Firmware: 2.2.2
Kernel: 2.6.32.9

VZWSupport

Reaction score
My Fascinate updated to 2.2.2 on Saturday, 8-6-11. Since then, it becomes very sluggish after about 6 hours on. CPU runs between 80-100% continuously. Takes about five seconds for a call to disconnect after pressing 'End'. Likewise, it takes about five seconds to answer it! Only a battery pull resolves it...for about six hours. I hate fixes that break things! VerizonSamsung FascinateFirmware: 2.2.2Kernel: 2.6.32.9

eagle7911,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with your Samsung Fascinate after updating the software! I actually have the same model device, and the update did make improvements on my phone. And it is working just fine now.

This may be due to an application that either didn't close or reinstall properly after the update. I would like to make one suggestion that should allow your phone to work back at an acceptable performance. Performing a Hard Reset will clear any corruption on the device internal memory. I will include a link with instructions and screen shots below. Just ensure you backup your data prior to the reset.

Hard Reset - Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500

Hope this works out for you!

VZWSupport / AT
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Last edited:

dougdan

Reaction score
Can anyone say if this worked or not?
eagle7911,

I am so sorry for the issues you are having with your Samsung Fascinate after updating the software! I actually have the same model device, and the update did make improvements on my phone. And it is working just fine now.

This may be due to an application that either didn't close or reinstall properly after the update. I would like to make one suggestion that should allow your phone to work back at an acceptable performance. Performing a Hard Reset will clear any corruption on the device internal memory. I will include a link with instructions and screen shots below. Just ensure you backup your data prior to the reset.

Hard Reset - Samsung Fascinate SCH-I500

Hope this works out for you!

VZWSupport / AT
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport